Editing Whitelist

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta' started by IvanFraser, Aug 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IvanFraser

IvanFraser Registered Member

Occasionally I need to put someone from my whitelist into the blacklist.

The whitelist is from the address book and contains upwards of 2600 addys - and it appears in non-alphabetical order, which makes searching for that one address extremely difficult.

Is it possible to add some functionality to solve this? Even the ability to sort in alphabetical order would help.

Preferably some option when trying to blacklist an address in Outlook - where now it tells you only that an event occurred where an address is already on the whitelist - another option to keep it there or to reasign it to the blacklist would be ideal.

Ivan

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The lists are sorted alphabetically by the reverse domain address (ie. email address user@test.co.za would be transformed to za.co.test@user and then sorted).

3. IvanFraser

IvanFraser Registered Member

Thank you Marcos, I hadn't noticed that. It's a great help!

It would help further though if a) there was an opportunity to remove a whitelisted address in situ when using Outlook, instead of having to edit the list in the ESS gui, and b) one could copy the address list directly from the whitelist in order to edit and paste it back in - at present the ctrl-c and ctrl-v options are unavailable, only the option to add, edit and delete addresses individually.

Ivan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.