Editing a task forgets backup location

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wenglish98027, Aug 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wenglish98027

wenglish98027 Registered Member

Using True Image Home 10, build 4942.

I have created a task to do a "My Data" backup to a backup location that is on a network share. Works fine.

When I edit the task and get to the "Backup Archive Location" dialog, instead of having the previously-defined backup location highlighted (up near the top of the tree under "Backup Locations") it has the actual UNC of the location highlighted in the tree (somewhere under "My Network Places"). And in the Folder: field instead of saying "No file name is required in this area" it has the actual path (for example "\\server\backups").

Is this a known issue?

Thanks ... Mike

2. Ezande

Ezande Registered Member

Yes, I think so. I'm having the same "problem". Just select the backup location again and you're ok. Almost every type of editing has errors/issues. I make a backup of my outlook data. If you edit such a backup task is starts of with the radio button for "My Application Settings" instead of "My Email" and has forgotten all about the mail folders I want to backup. Basically starting all over again. sigh....

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I can't reproduce this on my machines where the backup locations are local in each case. Maybe only an issue with backup locations that over a network instead of local?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello wenglish98027,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Yes, this is a known issue with Acronis Backup Locations on network shares. Acronis Development Team is working on it. Most likely the issue will be fixed in the next build of the product. I'm sorry, but the exact time-frame isn't decided yet.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. wenglish98027

6. wenglish98027

Is this fixed in version 11? Is it likely to be fixed in a new build of version 10, or is a new build out of the question now that version 11 has released?

Thanks ... Mike

7. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Download the trial version and see. I've not seen any reports whether this is fixed or not.

8. wenglish98027

Thanks, but no thanks:D
    I'd rather hear from Acronis whether this is fixed before even taking the plunge of the trial version (since I would need to remove 10 before installing 11).

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello wenglish98027,

There is no such issue in Acronis True Image 11.0 Home. Most likely, a new build of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home including this fix will be released, as well. I'm sorry, but the exact time-frame isn't decided yet.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

10. wenglish98027

Thank you Marat.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.