Edit registry with TIB file

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by brutus, May 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brutus

brutus Registered Member

Is there a way to add a file to a TIB image of a Windows 2003 server? Also, is there a way to edit the registry on that image without first restoring the image? I need to replace a driver before I restore an image.

2. b_k

b_k Registered Member

the latest builds should allow you to "plug" the image in R/W-Mode. So one should be able to add files and modify the registry without restoring first.

But notice that the changes are saved in an incremental image.

3. brutus

brutus Registered Member

I can add files no problem. It's the editing of the registry I'm having a problem with. How do you edit the registry on an image mounted as a drive letter?

4. b_k

b_k Registered Member

you have to load the .dat-file that contains the part of the registry you want to edit. sorry but i only remember that the user part resides in the ntuser.dat in a users profiledir, but i don't remember where the system parts are stored.

edit: the system registry should be in %windir%\system32\config

Last edited: May 3, 2006
  5. brutus

brutus Registered Member

I know I can do a REG LOAD to load a hive, then do a regedit /s to change it. Then REG UNLOAD. The problem is, this does it for the the instance of Windows I'm in, not the IMAGE I have mounted as a drive letter.

6. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

I really have no idea, but hey, that won't stop me!
    Maybe there is a path entry that points to the current system registry. You would have to modify that to look in the mounted drive. Some sort of "%windir%\system32\blablabla" thing.

7. brutus

brutus Registered Member

Good idea. I'll have to check into that.

8. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

I've never used REG LOAD, but perhaps there's a command line parameter to point you to the right place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.