Edge adblock

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by pb1, Jan 25, 2016.

1. pb1

pb1 Registered Member

I found this - http://www.edgeadblock.com/ - an adblocker for Microsofts Edge browser. Anyone using this blocker or knows more about it?

2. Alhaitham

Alhaitham Registered Member

From Here

3. pb1

pb1 Registered Member

Yeah i saw that. So then i wonder if it is a siteblocker or an adblocker? I downloaded it and open the files and there where some info saying that one had to - "sourcing back" - meaning giving info back so then i of course wonder what that really means and works.

Interesting if it works but the info about it and the company is little. I am not interested enough to try it myself.

4. stackz

stackz Registered Member

It just copies Dan Pollock's hosts file to your hosts file. ;)

5. Alhaitham

Alhaitham Registered Member

If you are interested in hosts blocking, it would be better to use a hosts manager like Hosts Block or HostsMan.

6. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

idd, this "adblock" is crap - it block servers but not ads - and get no updates. AdGuard is descent for IE/Edge.

7. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

I'm using it and works just fine. It works by blocking ads via host file and is a simple solution to block ads in Edge browser if you don't have money to spend on Adguard or other similar payware.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.