Echo Server with iSCSI (virtual) tape drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dgladwin, May 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dgladwin

dgladwin Registered Member

Hi folks. I'm after some help if possible.

We have just purchased a HP D2D130 backup system. It is a hard-drive based backup system, but the backup targets are created as "virtual" iSCSI tape drives. We are running Server 2008.

The Acronis software we have (fully licensed True Image Echo Server, bought specifically to work with the HP system) only seems to work with local hard disk drives, and not virtual tape drives via iSCSI.

I have double checked the iSCSI target is correctly connected and logged on, and have tried running the tape.exe utility which fails to detect anything (as I assume it does not register with Windows as a local tape drive).

Acronis will detect other iSCSI targets that are configured as remote hard disks.

Is this a limitation of the software or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance
    Dave

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Dave,

Thank you for using Acronis Corporate Products

What is the build number of your product? You can find out the build number by selecting "Help" option, "About".

Acronis True Image Echo Build 8163 or lower has compatibility issues with Removable Storage Management of Windows Vista SP1 and Windows Server 2008. As a result, tape drives are not supported. Update to the latest build to fix the issue.

You can learn more on how to download the latest build here

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.