Echo Server Universal restore – does not ask for drivers

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mad_Lenny, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mad_Lenny

Mad_Lenny Registered Member

Our MS Server 2k3 is moving from old server onto new Hardware (Proliant DL 380 with SATA RAID 0+1). When I use the bootable media and go through the recovery process it skips the 'Acronis Universal Restore' page, where you can specify whether you want to use Acronis Universal Restore Technology and doesn’t give me the option to add any drivers; it goes right to the Validate and Additional options – so I can only put an image on that cat boot up.

Acronis have given me an ISO download but that did exactly the same thing. Frustratingly the bootable media works fine when I try it on other random machines on my network - just not the one i've spent 1000s of pounds on!!!! (just thought I’d post whilst on hold to Acronis support [50 minutes and counting]….and while I think of it please can they change the on hold music and the lying message that keeps telling me that I'm #1 in the queue - my colleague in the US is also being told that at the same time:mad: !!!!!!)

2. Mad_Lenny

Mad_Lenny Registered Member

Well the second ISO file they gave me to download seems to be working, so fingers crossed...

3. avasile

avasile Registered Member

I have the same problem but I couldn't get it to work yet.
    What was the problem if I can ask?
    Thank you

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Re: Echo Server Universal restore – does not ask for drivers

Hello avasile,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Corporate Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build of both the respective version of Acronis True Image and the respective version of Acronis Universal Restore. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to update all installed components and recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

Please make sure the image does not contain any dynamic disks, as Acronis Universal Restore does not support them.

If the issue persists, please submit a request for technical support. Attach all information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. NumLock

NumLock Registered Member

Q.) Is the image your restoring a single/multiple partitions or as a 'whole disk' restoration?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.