EAZ-FIX Users : Disable CHKDSK Recommended

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by nanana1, May 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Drive snapshot with raw imaging, even ATI.

2. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

Easter,

Very true in all respects. I have been flamed many times over the past year or so for exposing the faults in RollbackRx. It trashed 3 different computers of mine, AFTER the trial period and I had to uninstall it (I have 3 licenses). I never received a refund and it cost me over $170, plus hours of time before I came to the same conclusion about this company as you have.

Silver

3. markymoo

markymoo Registered Member

I was a fan of EAZ-FIX but as my system is very reliable, i have reverted back to just using disk images to backup. The amount of disk fragmentation using Eaz-Fiz was a major drop on performance and issues like this thread, makes it suspect. It's a horrible seeing ChkDsk running trying to make everything right but corrupting it worse. Once is enough. The snapshots were there but as my system reliable i ended up using them less and less and it was just a bloat. Once you drop down to a small partition of 50Gig or less backing it up and restoring with DS of IFW is all you need. You just dont want a backup system like Eaz-Fix that compromises and big chance of errors. If it becomes a question of risk to your data then you going backwards, just don't use it. Why compromise your system? The policy should be to protect your data not jeopardise it more. Computers and hard drives are more reliable these days.

Backup in Windows a original image and then take daily differential images that only amount to 200MB each day. I can then restore my system eg. to last Wednesday or any other day. The auto restore in dos where you insert a cd and auto restores your system partition hands free is the best way like Brian and I advocate is the winner. One software to concern about, not upteen softwares and different recovery ways. Pop the cd in and you back.

Last edited: May 12, 2008
  4. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

after over and over your post...u right....its same in secuirty making differential backup....less drivers in pc mem ( less serviced running)...so what the heck... i go for.. DS. even it not support VISTA (yet).. we will give this method a chace :cautious:

cheers and 10x mate :thumb:

Last edited: May 12, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.