Eaz-Fix Tips/Help:

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by apathy, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apathy

apathy Registered Member

I've been using Eaz-fix now for a couple months and It's great. I got into a situation where comodo turned explorer.exe into an isolate application and it couldn't run other apps which made things very painful. I had made a snapshot before and after installing comodo and I've rolled back and forth with no problem at all.

My question is it ok to delete snapshots between the baseline and the snapshot that you are currently using?

Is there something that I shouldn't do that will affect eaz-fix? Such as chkdsk or defragging?

I know Easter is up on eaz-fix and I would appreciate his opinion.

Thanks.

2. Tonto

Tonto Registered Member

EASTER,

Can you weigh in on this one and anybody else [thoughts opinnions].As i am new here have been lurking around previously and i observed there seems to be 2 camps??.

As we know they are supposed to be exactly the same program EAZ-FIX and Rollback..yes or no OR what.From what i gather one is on the ball better than the other one,not sure which one...maybe EAZ-FIX.

My wish hear is we can get a lot of good input on how these programs work and maybe god forbid compare to the Famed FDISR or maybe establish what is the difference in these 3 proggies.

Thanks for post apathy,hope there is something to learn here :thumb: :D

3. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

You both caught me off drive tonight. I actually was trying to add another virtual app and it bit me hard so had to do a DS backup to straighten things out again. Thank Goodness for DriveSnapshot, that backup app is saved me more than once and a lot of time.

Now to EAZ-FIX, you should be OK deleting the snapshot that was fudged, as long as your other snapshots are LOCKED, they should be fine and remain in place if i follow this right. I like as good practice to update my BASELINE occasionally but you don't need to that often if at all, but if something occurred that forced a delete, used to be that ALL snapshots AFTER that one deleted were rendered gone too. I haven't tested this aspect yet so perhaps others can fill us both in on whether this is true or not.

As concerns RollbackRx, that app is my worst fear and i don't intend to come near it again nor have any reason to since as EAZ-FIX works great for me.

I did notice today a whole list of CHECKDISK activity going on after i first booted it in a while and thought the worse, but apparently it felt some things needed sorted, i dunno, i have no idea why CHKDSK goes into a frenzy with these particular apps occasionally, but i lost no snapshots or had to resort to BASELINE or Uninstall like wjat happened with Rx, so i was glad to see that situation under control.

4. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

A special note of interest concerning EAZ-FIX i might have omitted, DO NOT under any circustances take using third party defraggers for granted, EAZ-FIX seems to undertake that roll itself and anything else could easily make for unexpected circumstances. Also from experience myself, refrain from using a wipe deleted files app such as RESTORATION or you run the risk of the disk (snapshot), filling up to capacity making necessary to delete that snapshot completely, i did and had to dismiss the snapshot. A lesson learned. Thats due likely because EAZ-FIX was taking on the added temporary file used by the excess cluster wipe app and was not enough space for it to finish.

Anything else please ask, i'll try to address what i know about EAZ-FIX's do's and don'ts or add tips where i find them useful for us.

5. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

lo easter

i use also this looking good eaz fix...1 thing i hate about him its the time took him to give u back deleted files space...i find out its best use it only on c:\ when c:\ driver hold only OS + basic appz...all other stuff like mp3 and movies et`c are on d:,e:....etc.

eaz fix is more like DF or SD with the important option missing in them and its "continue shdowmode after restart" which give the IMPORTANT option to test restarted software and rollback if u dont like them or they mess the os (bsod)

cheers:thumb:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2008
  6. apathy

apathy Registered Member

Thanks for the tip guys.

Eaz-fix has saved my bacon a few times now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.