EAZ-FIX/Rollback-RX - Current release

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by wilbertnl, Sep 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

Support of Eaz-Fix adviced me to download from their website the current release, which is:
    Code:
    Version 7.2.1 build 2691237903

You find the build information in Help/About.

Download: eazPro.exe

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2006
  2. Kapiti

Kapiti Registered Member

Thanks Wilbert:thumb:

John

3. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Wil, would you mind providing the info for this new EAZ build (for us RB users)?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2006
  4. wilbertnl

I'm not sure that I understand your question right, pvsurfer.
    On the eazSolutions website I don't see the build info or release date mentioned. Looking at the dates of the files, it might be 09/01/2006.
    On the HDS website they show Build 2691131407, which seems older?

5. pvsurfer

My question was in reference to your comments regarding the new build 2691237903...

Wil, I'm simply wondering what the changes/fixes were for this new EAZ build (if you know)?

Thanks, pv

ps. You are correct about the latest HDS release being Rollback build 2691131407; that's why I'm curious to know what EAZ fixed in their newest build.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2006
  6. wilbertnl

This is the problem that I reported to Andrew Shen of eazSolutions:

When you have a train of snapshots that are updates in sequence, and you delete outdated snapshots, you may end up with the final snapshot not functioning anymore.
    They were hoping that this was fixed in the mentioned build.
    I tested the build, but the issue showed up in this build too. :mad:
    When you don't delete outdated snapshots, the updates function well.

There is not much information about changes/fixes.

7. pvsurfer

1. Wil, I had that problem with prior Rollback builds, but not with the current RB build. With the current RB build (2691131407), I have been able to delete any or all unlocked snapshots, then do an RB defrag-optimize and so far I have not had that problem!

2. You said "Andrew Shen of eazSolutions"... Now that is really strange -- last week I received an email from him, but it was from HDS !!! o_O o_O o_O

8. wilbertnl

The email I receive comes from eazsolution@helpdeskconnect.com, I bet you that customer support of eazSolutions/HDS both is outsourced to the same service.

9. pvsurfer

Either that or they have the same parent company. Someone else (perhaps it was you) said they got an email from Eric Sun of EAZ and I have an email from him at HDS!

10. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

I was the one receiving an email from Eric Sun when asking EAZ solutions since he was the last one to answer my questions when ask HDS!!! Maybe EAZ solutions and HDS are the same compagny? People answering from both compagny are the same and they both make same business decision in this case, discontinuing the image backup software (HDS-clone and EAZ-clone)o_O?

11. aigle

aigle Registered Member

As I know Andrew gives supports to both, he himself told me.
    Acc to my knowledge EAZ and HDS are close partners, HDS for individual users and EAZ basically for corporate ones but they do overlap.
    My personal opinion is that it is just a business trick- putting one software with two different names in the market, many people rare doing like this.
    BTW I wanted to change my license of RollBackRx to EAZ-FIX but they refused.

12. aigle

aigle Registered Member

As u are working on it I will like to ask is it possible in the furure to have a feature of saving the snapshots on external media. From my little understanding about the very nature of this software I guess it might not be possible at all.

13. Kapiti

Kapiti Registered Member

I received this email from EAZ-FIX a few days ago.

Version 8.0 is targeted for the end of the year.
    The main feature in 8.0, which really determines the release date, is a snapshot backup feature. We are adding a backup wizard that allows users to select snapshots and back it up to image files. The image file is a complete system image like "Ghost" backup. User can store it on servers or CDs and use it to recover system from HD failures.
    John

14. aigle

aigle Registered Member

That,s really nice but they are saying image backup. I wonder whether u will be able to add these images as snapshots in ur current snapshot database or not? Image backup is still possible with RollbackRx, all I wish is to move snapshots here and there, like in FDISR.
    They are not so specific in giving the details.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.