EAV 4.2 BE: "action selection postponed until scan completion" in scan log

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Reedmikel, Feb 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reedmikel

Reedmikel Registered Member

I just ran an in-depth scan (cleaning enabled) and one of the threats listed as:

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\4PMNWHIN\milf[1].html - HTML/Iframe.B.Gen virus - action selection postponed until scan completion

What does this mean and what are we supposed to do when a scan reports "action selection postponed until scan completion"? Is this documented anywhere? I have run 2 scans in a row, and this item is detected each time. So apparently NOD32 is not performing any cleaning action.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

At the end of a scan, a window with action selection for the found threats that could not be cleaned automatically should pop up.

3. Reedmikel

Reedmikel Registered Member

But what if nobody is logged on? I schedule the in-depth scan to run from my ERAC, and typically do it when nobody is logged on the machine to be scanned. Typically, dialogs like this cannot display when nobody is logged in, right?

Can I change a policy setting so that cleaning is fully automatic for this situation?

In general, we never want to rely on end users to make a decision about how to handle a potential threat. As admins, we want to make all the decisions for them in advance (in the ESET policy), and we want it to clean in a fully unattended manner.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Then you can select strict cleaning. However, I wouldn't recommend setting it that way permanently or system files would be deleted automatically if got infected with a virus and cleaning was not possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.