Easy way to manage cookies in Opera?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by HAN, Feb 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Is there such a thing?

IE has some ok cookie managers free and paid. Firefox has the awesome CS Lite Add-on. But I cannot find any way to manage cookies in Opera that isn't a pain in the you know what and very time consuming.

So, is there any relief? This has been one of the key reasons I avoid using Opera. (The other big reason was the lack of a good ad filter. Which has been solved in another thread.) I just want to exercise some privacy control... :'(

2. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

3. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

What are you talking about, Manage Cookies?

What are you trying to do?

4. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

He's trying to whitelist cookies on a per-site basis and discard the rest. The Firefox add-on CS Lite does this.

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Disable all cookies globally. Tool> Preferences> Advanced> Cookies> Choose Delete new cookies on exit and Never accpet cookies.

Then on each site where u want to allow cookies, F12> Site preferences> Cookies> (choose ur option here).

6. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

LOL, my Gawd man all this is, are cookies, turn them off when you don't need them, and on when you do, what's so complicated about that?

Manage cookies, give me a break, LOL... :eek:

SORRY don't mean to sound rude, but talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill...

Hey this is the BEST cookie manager I could find:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  7. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I have put extra buttons on my Opear for this. Just one click and u can enable/ disable.

Attached Files:

8. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Hell all you have to do in FF is click 'Tools' 'Options' and as long as you keep it clicked on the 'Privacy' tab it will always open up there, and this ONLY takes 5 seconds to do.

Any other browser is just about as fast, just a few seconds to turn them on and off. :D

9. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

DasFox, you can try harder and be more constructive.

I agree with Aigle, disabling cookies and allowing them per site using F12 or right-click - site prefs. Whatever is best for you.

10. swami

swami Registered Member

If need be, Opera preferences, manage cookies.

11. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Thanks for the suggestions! :) I was hoping there was something as easy as the Firefox CS Lite extension but apparently there isn't. I'll take a look at Cookie Monster and also reconsider the Opera-based solutions...

12. MaB69

MaB69 Registered Member

Hi,

You can right-click on the site page and click on edit site preferences to manage cookies (or all settings that you disabled in general preferences)

Regards,

MaB

13. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Han What's so hard about just turning them on when you need them in the Browsers preferences?

What do you need this manager for, if you'd explain it better that would help better.

Opera only takes like 5 seconds to do this?

http://operalover.tntluoma.com/images/cookie-prefs-562x445.png

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  14. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

You need to read first, then comment. You obviously didn't read what aigle said, which i agreed on, and jumped to conclusions.
    1- I's Opera, not Firefox
    2- there's no manager involved, it's Opera alone
    3- it's per site, not on or off

15. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

No one jumped to any conclusions I know we are talking about Opera. My bad I shouldn't of mentioned FF, I was just doing that as a comparison was all, I'll remove that comment...

Did you look at my reply above? I said ---> OPERA and I placed an image of the cookie preferences there too.

Cool right click or use the preferences, no need for any additional managers, that's all I was trying to point out, no need to stuff more addons in.

16. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Overall, managing cookies in Opera is not a BIG deal as I use FF 99.9999% of the time. But from time to time, I test drive Opera, as it's obviously one of the best 2 alternatives to IE. And when I do so, I try to find ways to make it run the way I want it to (similar to the way I've bent FF to my will. :D )

I admit I am a bit anal about cookies. So I like to keep them under strict control. And once I found FF's CS Lite add-on, I had the perfect solution for FF. Everything I need to do with cookies is literally one or two clicks away. That's what I want for Opera. And unless I'm missing something, Opera itself is at least 4 to 5 keystrokes/mouse clicks for each action and it still doesn't offer the flexibility of CS Lite.

I had looked around and couldn't find anything on my own. I just thought someone else had an answer (and I DO appreciate all the contributions!) As I noted, when I get some time, I'll try out some of the suggestions... :)

17. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Actually I have configured my Opera totally like FF( NoScript and Cookies management). Now I like Opera so much that I have even uninstalled Firefox from my system. Excellent browser.

Another wasy way is to accept all cookies and let them to be cleared automatically on browser shut down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.