Easy Message

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Trooper, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Hello All,

I am bringing this IM client back to the forums forefront (as I found some older ones regarding this topic).

I was wondering what you peeps thought about it. http://www.easymessage.net/

It's similar to Trillian, Gaim etc.

The reason it seems to be good is it has a light footprint. And I do not want to install MSN Messenger, YIM, AIM, or Trillian on my system as I have had probs with each of them in the past.

So I am curious how does this compare to the above mentioned clients (or even Gaim) in terms of ease of use and more importantly, security. ;)

Now I know having an IM client period is somewhat of a hole, but I do need an IM client for friends and business colleagues.

Thanks as always,

Jag

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

This program looks pretty good, but the proof of the pudding is in testing it your self to see if your system tolerates it.A 250 k program should run light.

3. Trooper

Yeah I hear you bigc, and know where you are coming from.

I tried looking it up on Secunia but nothing came up on it. Trillian still seems to have holes, and Gaim looks pretty good as well.

I may give it a shot. If I do, I will be sure to post my thoughts on it here in this thread.

Regards,

Jag

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

That would be appreciated as We would like to know what you think of the program. ;)

bigc

5. Trooper

Have it installed. So far it seems nice and light. Very easy to configure as well.

One thing that I have noticed however which I do not like, is the fact that it does NOT appear in the IMON client compatability list in NOD32.

This is a bit of a concern for me. Not sure if I will keep it because of that, but I will continue to monitor it for awhile.

If all else fails, there is always Gaim. ;)

6. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

IMON only checks http traffic which messengers do not use. The reason Trillian shows up is that it uses http to check for updates.

7. Trooper

Ahh well that explains it then. Thanks for the info. :D :rolleyes:

Looks like I will be getting rid of this client and going back to Gaim.

Regards,

Jag

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.