East Tec Eraser Lite!

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by rookieman, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rookieman

rookieman Registered Member

Has anyone here ran this program?Actually I'm trying to determine a good privacy program to use.I was kinda hoping to come across one that I can install on 3 computers without having to buy a separate license for each one.Thanks for any thoughts:)

2. caspian

caspian Registered Member

I had problems with east tec eraser. R-Wipe works great for me. I use it on two computers, but I do not know if they care or not, so I am not going to bring it up. Heidi's Eraser is free and is suppose to be really good. I use Ccleaner throughout the day and R-wipe for an occasional thorough cleaning.

In Ccleaner, I went into Options, then Advanced, and unchecked "only delete files in windows temporary foldrs older than 48 hours". Then under Settings, at the bottom where it says "secure file deletion", I chose DOD 5220.22-M 3 passes.

3. rookieman

rookieman Registered Member

Thanks for that reply caspian:thumb: I will give r-wipe a trial run and see if I likes it.I do have ccleaner setup the way you mentioned.

4. caspian

Cool. Good luck with that. I think you will like it.

5. kurchatovium

kurchatovium Registered Member

I have used East-Tec products before, they work pretty good I thought.

6. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I restore my system partition to its original installation state during each reboot and that cleans everything more than once a day :
    - all system objects too many are removed
    - all system objects that disappeared for some reason are added again.
    - all system objects that changed are replaced with its original contents.
    Fast, simple, safe, complete, no human mistakes, no knowledge required, no extra cleaning softwares and without doing anything than rebooting my computer.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2007
  7. caspian

How do you do this?

8. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

He uses restoration software that restores the computer to original configuration upon reboot.

9. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I did first a fresh installation of Windows and all applications. Then I ran all kinds of cleaners one time.
    Then I installed FDISR, created my on-line snapshot and an archive and a freeze storage.
    Each time when I reboot FDISR compares my on-line snapshot with my freeze storage and undoes any change in my on-line snapshot and that keeps my on-line snapshot super clean.
    After each reboot, my on-line snapshot = freeze storage = fresh installation state.
    Even superfluous objects that are created by softwares while they are doing their job are removed and that happens for EACH software. Also any malware is removed. My reboot takes 1m42s from desktop to desktop.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.