EaseUS Todo Backup Home 6.1 can be trusted?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by demoneye, Nov 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

HI

i just got EaseUS Todo Backup Home 6.1 free from a giveaway .

my question is , can it make a restore within windows 8 , restart and make the restore or it needed a boot disk ?

and in general , does anyone have any experience with it in the long run ? can it be trusted ?:doubt:

2. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

From what I remember, you need the WinPE based bootable disk to Restore the image. I did remove it when it failed to restore an image properly, but this was in its early stages a long time ago. Personally I stopped using EaseUS products when I found out about AOMEI.

dja2k

3. legacy

legacy Registered Member

Easeus Rocks, i have used used it for years, only problem with home version is no universal disslimilar restore, you need the workstation version which also has the snapshot feature.

My experience is its very stable and works. There was a few problems in version 5 with windows 8, but i know they have been fixed since then, there has been version.5.6, 5.8 etc.

I got 6.1 Workstation on an upgrade and you download the PE disc which is 170 mb

www.todo-backup.com/products/home/comparison.htm

;)

4. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Home 6.1 has this feature too.

5. demoneye

can it restore within windows , restart and load ok ? did u ever try that ?

6. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Dear DemonEve,

It has two features.

1. Imaging program with incremental and differential imaging.

2. It has snapshot technology, like Farstone RestoreIT. For this you can start the restore of snapshot within Windows and then it will reboot and start the restore of the snapshot.

I would not trust this ridiculous program. I bought it and it messed up my system. They couldn't help me and in the end I had to reformat. The hard disk instead of having 63 sectors, after restore of snapshot it had 19 sectors. No imaging program could help as the sectors were messed up.

Best regards,

Mohamed

7. demoneye

Hi mohamed , 10x for reply mate ... what version mess up your system so badly ?:eek:

now you scare the sh#@# out of me , and i will remove it if so bad :D

8. aladdin

Hi DemonEye,

I don't remember what version it was. However, they said it cannot be fixed in the version I bought. They will try to fix it in future version, but they didn't know which one. However, I have to keep buying these future versions.

Good Riddance!

I have a thread on this in this forum. Maybe, you can do search.

Best regards,

Mohamed

9. demoneye

10x mohamed for your reply , i will seek into it ...

ma salam ya zalame :thumb:

10. legacy

legacy Registered Member

Folks i have all the versions from version 4 onwards. There was a problem with windows 8 on version 5, which has now been fixed, since version 5.6
    As for PE recovery it worls flawless. We have to remember early versions like version 2 had flaws. A hell of a lot has changed since version 4, which at the time this version i used on a network of 10 computers through management console, backing up all machines from 1 laptop.

It works wonders in a workgroup and in a domain, Backing up and restoring servers is a awsome. Farstone has been good, however the management is a bit pants.

I have restored and universally many times, without fail, only the odd driver issue on restore.

I recommend you to do an image and restore a totally different machine.

What's new in Todo Backup 6.1 version?

* Fully support the latest Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
    * Directly activate from trial/free version without re-download and reinstallation.
    * Smaller installation file enables fast download and install.
    * Greatly increase the stability of network files backup.
    * Improvement on automatic backup with better performance.
    * Satisfy smoother backup requirements of big data disk & partition.
    * Fixed some bugs.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  11. demoneye

Hya

many 10x foe the deep explanation , i think i will finally use http://www.disk-image.net/

it is a good trusted software as i can recall , also it doesn't use 3 services all time like Todo Backup.... ;)

12. legacy

legacy Registered Member

"Hya

many 10x foe the deep explanation , i think i will finally use http://www.disk-image.net/

it is a good trusted software as i can recall , also it doesn't use 3 services all time like Todo Backup.."

-----------
    My God ,active disc = shocking software. I will never use it again. I use actives other software, but active disk, no way compares to the power of todo backup. and the services are very light on todo backup. Good look with it. Its what you like. I need universal restore and able to backup 3 machines from one laptop,

Todobackup workstation does this for me and works,

however active disc, does not offer universal backup, or remote backup.

I have just seen a top ten review from version 3,

http://windows-server-backup-review.toptenreviews.com/

Easeus = 2nd, Farstone = 4th, Diskimage = 9th

Enjoy;)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  13. demoneye

the site u paste is dealing with software ability and functionality , that how it make the most of the score , for me i need so little like a trusted restore function when the DARK day will come :)

14. legacy

legacy Registered Member

What ever floats ya boat demon eye, i have been todo backup for past few years and its never let me down.

;)

15. aladdin

Dearest Legacy,

EaseUS has been sending me lots of emails to upgrade my EaseUS ToDo WorkStation. So, finally last night I gave up and for the price of $20, I upgraded to the current EaseUS ToDo WorkStation v6.1.0.0

The first thing, I did was to make an image for my OS. I was surprised that it was very, very fast at imaging. It was twice as fast as Macrium Reflect and four times as fast as IFW. On my computer, IFW is the slowest. Basically, it was at par as AX64 in imaging, which is saying a lot.

1. I was afraid to restore the image. Beside myself there are others on this forum had problems with restoring. Please can give us more on this?

2. My nightmare was with snapshot technology. Basically, it changed my hard disk from 63 sectors to 19 sectors. How is your experience been with the snapshot thingy?

3. I have WinPE v5.0 installed on my system, which is WADK v8.1. When I tried to make WinPE Recovery Media, it didn't recognize WADK v8.1 being installed in the system. It asked to do one of the two things:

a. Have the WADK available in the .zip format. The download from Microsoft is not in the .zip format.
    b. Or, the ToDo program wanted to download the 4.0GB WADK again.

Any, thoughts on the above?

Best regards,

Mohamed

16. aladdin

I created the WinPE Recovery Media successfully. Here is my experience with it.

My system is Windows 8.1 x64, therefore I have WADK 8.1 x64 installed on the system, which is WinPE v5.0 x64

They have a tool on their website called, "PEDownloader" which I downloaded and started it. It gave me the choice first to pick the WinPE type, therefore I naturally picked, "WinPE 5.0", then I picked, "x64". I started downloading the files, the download was about 371MB and at the end of the download it created a .zip file called, "pe5x64".

But it didn't work telling me it is wrong WADK file.

I did some more research and found out that since I have a non-UEFI laptop, therefore I need the zip file called, "pe4x86", which is basically for Windows 8 x86

I started the "PEDownloader" again, and this time I picked "WinPE 4.0" and then this time I picked, "x86". I started downloading the above files again, which this time the download was about less than 340MB and at the end of the download, it created a .zip file called, "pe4x86". Once I had the proper .zip file, I successfully created the WinPE.

Best regards,

Mohamed

17. legacy

legacy Registered Member

Aladdin,

do not be afraid, try the restore, even restore the image to universal machine, also the snapshot works, but was using a lot of my drive with the snapshots, so i turned it off.

The restore works wonders. It has never failed me yet and i use it in business environments.

Enjoy Todo backup, Go bite the bullet restore your machine with your new image.

Or even better fully format your drive or kill your drive partition so its empty, then restore your image with PE disc

Il eat my words if it fails for you.

We will speak later.

Todobackup is my first choice for a master image and im using it, with AX64 for the snapshots etc.
    Farstone Total Recovery Pro & shadow protect are a second choice as i have had great success with these programs.

Easeus has come along way since its early days and are not to be slept on.

Also aladdin, double click your backup image in windows and you can view your files if you have todo installed.

:thumb:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  18. Volare

Volare Registered Member

I never had the best experience with EaseUS Todo. I would recommend that before you test restoring a system image with EaseUS Todo, that you use another imaging app to make a backup of your system drive.

I'm sure EaseUS Todo works great for many, and it seemed like it worked great for me when I restored a system image as everything appeared to work fine. However, after using Aomei Partition Assistant to view the system drive properties, particularly the NTFS "File System Properties", I noticed that there were 8 less file system sectors that were restored.

Although I never noticed any issues with the restore and everything seemed to work fine, it still should have restored the system image with the exact amount of NTFS file sectors that was there originally. It was enough for me not to trust EaseUS Todo and therefore put it to bed. Every other system imaging app I've used previously had never presented me with this issue - Paragon B&R, W7 backup, Redo B&R, CloneZilla, Aomei Backupper, etc.

This was using EaseUS Todo Workstation 5.8, which I had tested at least twice - but I got the same result. Perhaps this is no longer an issue since version 6, but it was enough to put me off.

What might work flawlessly for some, will not always work flawlessly for others. Therefore, regardless of whether others swear by the product, I'd recommend that you create an image with your trusted app first before you test any other backup app.

That's my 2 cents worth.

Cheers,

19. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

20. dansorin

dansorin Registered Member

I use EaseUs Backup since version 2. it worked every time without problems. i tried once version 3, when it was released, and it was twice as slow as version 2. i'm still using version 2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.