EaseUS® Todo Backup Free 3.0 released!

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by ams963, Aug 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

For more details go to http://www.todo-backup.com/products/home/free-backup-software.htm

2. napoleon1815

napoleon1815 Registered Member

Cool, thanks. I had some issues with the 2.x versions...I will give this version another chance.

3. Technical

Technical Registered Member

Thanks for sharing.
    Pity that the installed version does not autoupdate.

4. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

anyone test this yet? since macrium has yet to release an update and due to some of the recent answers from support i have received im looking for something new to recc to cust who want a free program. any thoughts this has a ton of features it seems for free.. but does it work well and is it stable?

i had some issues with v1 and v2 so im hoping this works better. thoughts?

5. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

I've already asked easeus to include autoupdate and they have assured me that they will think about it in the upcoming versions.

6. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Just tried this new version out and it seems to work ok.

The time and size of the back up are similar to that of Active @ Image, though the restore via their Linux auto boot took twice as long to achieve - 4 mins as against 2 mins to backup.

One strange thing was that I my firewall (Online Armor) re-installed itself. I only did it yesterday - not sure who to blame for this - will have to try again. Maybe it misses some files.

I think I prefer this to Active @ but would like to know views of others especially as regards reliability.

One bonus for me is that it gives a lot of space for describing the image.

I would be tempted to upgrade this to the Workstation version but think that $39 is too much for two extra functions.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  7. claykin

claykin Registered Member

What kind of answers did you receive from Macrium support that are not making you happy? Curious.

You may recall I had a bad experience with their support where they totally blew me off. Since then Nick Sills from Macrium responded, apologized and has responded again to another request. Maybe it was just Chris @ Macrium who was blowing me off. I haven't seen any Macrium forum posts from Chris in a couple weeks so maybe he's gone...

8. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Don't waste your $39 USD even after the 25% discount they offer. It only has the snapshot technology which completely destroyed the sector size on my hard disk. Had to reformat.

The other thing which is offered for this $39 USD is WinPE disk. You can build this with WAIK for free. And, if you want to add the WinPE in your boot menu, than use EasyBCD as explained by Raza in one of his threads.

Best regards,

KOR!

9. aladdin

His questions are for EaseUS Todo and not for Macrium. If you want to sell Macrium to people, then this is the wrong thread. Don't hijack this thread and open a new thread and we can discuss how crappy Macrium is!

10. draman

draman Registered Member

For adding winpe menu Easby Bcd is not required. Go to Tools and click PreOS menu. winpe menu will be automatically added in boot menu. Very fast backup. Being free version really outstanding. Winpe boot menu will be added after you have created winpe image using WAIK. otherwise linux boot menu will be added.

11. aladdin

Thanks for correcting this, I guess I knew this. The BCD store has bugs, and sometimes if you have more than one entry, it doesn't show the name of the program properly.

But with EasyBCD, one can add all the WinPE and Linux boot menus, with proper names.

Best regards,

KOR!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.