EASEUS Todo Backup 2.5.1 released

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by tgell, May 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tgell

tgell Registered Member

From their Forum:

I wonder what happens to the Pro version?

2. chinook9

chinook9 Registered Member

Anyone have good or bad experience with this??

3. Aaron Here

Aaron Here Registered Member

If I recall correctly, the major limitation of the prior version was that the boot disk only provided for restoring an image, not creating one - i.e., no 'cold imaging' capability! :doubt:

Aaron

4. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

The free edition does not include a WinPE, but a WinPE builder:

"This kind of bootable disk [WinPE] is included in the commercial version. For the free edition users, we provide a WinPE builder to help creating WinPE bootable disk. The bootable disk is based on a simple Windows 7 environment, and features can be used under this environment are exactly the same as Pre-OS..."

5. napoleon1815

napoleon1815 Registered Member

Good catch Robin. It's all in the wording. :) I had the paid version and the PE under the paid version does allow cold imaging, but they don't recommend it for reasons I was never able to get out of them.

6. SourMilk

SourMilk Registered Member

I had a small problem with v2.5 free. It changed my partition size when imaged. The other imaging programs I was playing with did not like that and would not use their stored images on that partition. I believe either Drive Snapshot or Image for Windows would not use the partition that was resized by Todo Backup. I don't remember which one. Too scared to try it out now :eek: :doubt:

SourMilk out

7. napoleon1815

napoleon1815 Registered Member

SourMilk,

I had the same issue with it (it changed my partition sizes during restores even when I told it not to). Support said it was their algortihim and that's the way it works. I said it should never change anything without asking me first...I mean at the very minimum it should be able to restore to the same disk and restore the partitions to the sizes they were when imaged.

See my posts to them here: http://forum.easeus.com/viewtopic.php?t=20117

8. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.