EAM's effectiveness

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by WSFfan, Jul 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WSFfan

WSFfan Registered Member

How good is Emsisoft Antimalware against malware?(especially rootkits and TDSS type infections)How does your system feel when you have EAM?What about CPU and RAM usage?Does it slowdown your web browsing?

2. Noob

Noob Registered Member

EAM feels extremely light on my PC, been using it for the last 2 years and it's great. The only downside is that when it updates it might slow down your PC a bit but after that it's unnoticeable. :D

3. guest

guest Guest

+1

very light on system, in idle it uses around 5-10mb, on updating around 100+mb for few seconds, detection rate around 85-95% of the malwares i tested it against.
    the cloud-based Behavior-Blocker is quite good.

4. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

No issues running EAM on Win7 64bit, very efficient av in my opinion.

5. blasev

blasev Registered Member

EAM detection rate are top notch :thumb:
    just make sure update as often as you can, missing a day or two could mean a very big update is needed.

ps : 20mb is big for me ;)

6. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Another +1. Very light for me as well. Then again I do have 4Gbs of RAM and a Intel Core 2 Duo T9300 in my laptop.

7. WSFfan

WSFfan Registered Member

Does EAM provide automatic protection against USB Flash drive infections?Does it automatically scan when you insert the flash drive.

Have the bugs related to Windows Action Center,EAM service(randomly) not working at startup, EAM System Tray icon randomly disappearing and Surf Protection not working sometimes been fixed?Have you experienced any other bug or the current version 6.4.0.0 is good?

8. guest

guest Guest

it doesn't have a specific USB feature, but if you set the File Guard on "scan on read" then when you will open the USB it will flag the eventual malwares.

I heard a lot about the WAC and all other bugs, bug but i never got any of them, maybe im lucky ^^

anyway those small bug are minor inconvenience compared to the high level of security EAM will afford.

9. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

EAM is a great product, may be the best av. I trust it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.