E00101F4 ATI has not found any hard disk drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Ken S, Dec 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ken S

Ken S Registered Member

I purchased the upgrade to TI9 last week and every time I start the application I get the following error:

E00101F4 - Acronis True Image has not found any hard disk drives.

I am running a 3Ware 9500SLP SATA RAID Card and a RAID 10 array (4 x 74GB HDs)

The incident number assigned is: [Acronis #434717].

Four days after reporting the issue I was told to download a patch that turns off logging - I did so, and that didn't change anything.

Then as instructed, I turned logging back on sent it the file to your tech support group.

This morning I receive a link to another program per the email I've copied below, but I have a real problem running an application that may crash my computer.

At this time I'd prefer to just get a refund and look for another application as this project is taking a considerable amount of time...and I'm not going to take the risk of running an application where the people distributing it feel it could crash my system.

So, please tell me where I can request a refund. I have tried calling your sales department, but it appears they don't return phone calls.

Here's the email:
    From: Acronis Customer Service Department [mailto:support@acronis.com]
    Sent: Monday, December 19, 2005 11:16 PM
    To: ken@xxxxxxxxx.com
    Subject: [Acronis #434717] E00101F4

Hello Ken,

Could you please do the following?

- Download and unpack the Device Tree application:

http://www.removedforacronisprivacy.net/support/devicetree.zip

- Run the application;
    - Completely unfold the \Driver\Disk and \Driver\FtDisk branches;
    - Move the margin to the left in order to see all the items;
    - Make a screen shot and send it to us.

Please note that the application may crash the system when you exit, so we recommend you to save all your work and close other programs prior to running it.

This information will allow us to investigate this issue and we will do our best in order to resolve it under consideration as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Sincerely yours,
    Konstantin Karikov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd., Suite 115
    South San Francisco, CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com

Acronis Customer Service Department
    http://www.acronis.com/my/support/

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Doesn't sound like a big deal to me. I've had various applications crash from time-to-time. You only lose whatever files are open if you have to do a reboot to get the PC going again and they have told you not to be running anything else when you do it. Not really much different than a powerfailure when the machine is running and in fact probably a lot more controlled. I doubt they would ask you to run an app that they know overwrites the whole OS or the registry.

3. Ken S

Ken S Registered Member

Seek,

I'm glad that's the way you feel. I run a RAID 10 and backup system to minimize errors the best I can. I would never purposely run a program that is expected to crash the OS. What if happens to corrupt a driver file?

I'm at the point where I just don't want to dedicate any more time to debugging this issue...especially when the tool they want me to use to get them more information could crash the OS. You can go ahead and do it...I'm just not willing to.

But, this wasn't meant to be a discussion about what I'm willing or unwilling to do. I'm here for support from Acronis and hopefully a way to procure a refund.

I'm sure the application works fine in many systems...I've used their tools before. But this time it doesn't.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Ken S,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I have traced your correspondence with Konstantin. So I recommend you to contact Acronis Customer Service Department once again in order to resolve the problem in other way or get a refund.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.