E0007004 Failed to write data to the archive file.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by homesizzle, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. homesizzle

homesizzle Registered Member

I downloaded the Seagate Discwizard (Acronis lite version 10.0) to backup a copy of my hard drive, but I get this error.

I'm on Vista Home Premium 32-bit and my main drive is a 500GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 7200.10 drive. I'm trying to copy the contents onto my external USB Western Digital Hard Drive.

I see this solution somebody posted here...

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=200731

... but I'm using a dedicated sound card (Xi-Fi XtremeGamer Fatality Pro edition) and I have my onboard sound disabled in the motherboard BIOS.

I was considering buying the full version, but I can't be sure the full version will work with my system if the lite version is not compatible with my system.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello homesizzle,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you are using the latest version of Seagate Discwizard available. Checking hard drives for errors using "chkdsk /r" command on all partitions of all drives may also help. If that doesn't solve the problem, please contact the vendor from which software was received for technical support.

We may suggest you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 11 Home to see how the software works on your computer. With the trial version of the product you will be able to fully use the Windows version for 15 days. The bootable rescue media will be limited to restore function.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 11 Home in the respective User's Guide.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product. Notice that as you already own a previous version of Acronis True Image, you can purchase an upgrade installation package at reduced price (as compared to independent installation package).

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. homesizzle

I did download the 15 day free trial version and got the same exact error message. It occured at roughly the same exact spot.

I also ran diskchecks for all my disks.

I attached a copy of the log in case you can help me. Thanks.

Attached Files:

4. homesizzle

1 more thing to add.

The regular backup would've taken 2 hours (according to Acronis) but it gives me the error at the exact same time. (roughly 20 minutes into the backup).

I then tried to backup my C drive without loading Windows by booting from the boot disk, but the time remaining in the screen showed 6 days. :eek:

Is this normal procedure? 6 days for a backup? I can only imagine how long a restore would take.

5. homesizzle

1 more thing to add...

I did a full backup of my OS drive and copied the backup file to the same drive.

So to recap... I have 3 partitions on the external drive. I'm able to backup 1 partition onto another partition on the external drive. I'm also able to backup my main OS drive (C) onto the same drive... but this fails when I try to backup my main OS drive onto 1 partitition on the external drive.

For now, the work around is to do the backup onto my main drive and then copy and paste the .tib file onto my external drive. Messy, but having backup data is better than having no data.

6. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

A long shot but try changing how the USB drive is handled. You can do this in Device Manager. If it is set for caching try changing it to the other option or vice versa.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello homesizzle,

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please try reducing HDD writing speed, as described in paragraph 5.3.5 "Backup performance" of Acronis True Image 11 Home User's Guide.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also collect the operation log of Acronis True Image 11 Home:
    - run the program;
    - select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;
    - select the corresponding log;
    - click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon).

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.