E00070021: Cannot access drive.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ennis, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ennis

ennis Registered Member

I suddenly started getting the following error (with no changes to the server):
    "E00070021: Cannot access drive.

Cannot create the image of the logical drive D: because it is currently in use b running applications or the logical drive contains bad sectors."

Do we know what Acronis is choking on or how to find out?

For the sake of argument, assume I'm already using the latest version of Acronis TI and the drivers. This is a production server. I have no hope of being able to reboot, uninstall/reinstall, update drivers or generally interrupt my users to experiment with this (at least for a while longer than I'm willing to go without a new server image).

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I suggest running checkdisk - though this may or may not demand a reboot. Chkdsk /r normally does :( .

I'd also suggest deleting all temp files in all locations, and running a defrag program.

this sounds similar to a problem I had, where a program had caused the drive to be so defragmented, that chkdsk had to be run to correct bad sector reporting, to enable defrag to be run.

Do you have Exchange or SQL server on this machine, it could also be they are taking priority when TI tries to lock the drive.

Colin

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ennis,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Corporate Disk Backup Software.

Could you please collect some information to let us investigate the problem thoroughly?

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.