E0004001A Fail to restore Error messages - again

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by will48, Jul 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. will48

will48 Registered Member

Hi Guys (& girls?)

I had the need to restore a few files from my incremental back-ups (of entire disc contents) and keep getting this error message. I came in here for a look around to see if this was a known problem and found three posts about the issue, but none with a conclusion as to why these occur.

I'm running a newish PC, with XP and my back-up device is a USB hard drive.

error text as follows;

E0004001A: Failed to restore file or folder 'Paul Williams'.

Failed to restore file or folder. (0x4001A)
    Path = "C:\Documents and Settings\Paul Williams",
    Hints = 1
    Tag = 0xA8A1022BD18AE2A8
    Error opening the file. (0x40007)
    function = "CreateFileW",
    filename = "C:\Documents and Settings\Paul Williams"
    Tag = 0xA8A1022BD18AE036
    The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (0xFFF0)
    code = FFFFFFFF80070020
    Tag = 0xBD28FDBD64EDB816

followed by;

E0004001A: Failed to restore file or folder 'Paul personal'.

Failed to restore file or folder. (0x4001A)
    Path = "C:\Documents and Settings\Paul Williams\My Documents\Paul personal",
    Hints = 1
    Tag = 0xA8A1022BD18AE2A8
    Error opening the file. (0x40007)
    function = "CreateFileW",
    filename = "C:\Documents and Settings\Paul Williams\My Documents\Paul personal"
    Tag = 0xA8A1022BD18AE036
    The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (0xFFF0)
    code = FFFFFFFF80070020
    Tag = 0xBD28FDBD64EDB816

in each case the dialogue box has three options - 'retry' 'ignore' 'cancel' - if I opt for the ignore option I pass through these and seem to get a successful restore, so its no big deal(?) except of course I'd be happier if I just got no error messages as obviously something is a bit awry.

any thoughts before I ask for Tech Assistance?

Paul

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Paul,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

If the problem persists with the latest build, Please check each partition of your hard drives by Windows utility:

- For Windows 9x please use Windows menu Start\Run
    then enter the command "scandskw" and test all drives;

- For Windows XP please use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command
    "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drives.

Please note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

If that does not help then please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists then enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file.

Could you please also reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon?

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

You can also boot your computer from the bootable rescue media and try to restore the files in rescue mode and see the results.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.