E000101F4 Unknown Network Error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by A|ex, Jul 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A|ex

A|ex Registered Member

I seem to be having a problem creating an image of a remote machine using Acronis True Image Ent Server Build 1158, I am able to install the true image agent ok, i restart the machine but the agent doesnt NOT automatically start. The service is installed but not started? after starting the service manually i am able to log into the agent on the server.

the server is a DNS server, after loggin into the dns server and clicking create image i receive E000101F4 Unknown Network Error. the box HAS network connection and two network cards, one is disconnected but the main one is still operational.

Could anyone direct me or offer me some help regarding imaging servers remotely using the true image ent server edition of acronis.

Thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello A|ex,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Could you please open "Start" -> "Control Panel" -> "Administrative Tools" -> "Services" and find Acronis Remote Agent there. Please right click on it, choose "Properties" and make sure it is set to start Automatically. In the "Log on" tab please make sure it is set to log on as Local System account.

As for the error message, could you please clarify how you are trying to create a backup of the remote computer? In fact, you need to launch Acronis True Image Management Console, connect to the remote computer and click on the "Create Image" wizard. Is that what you do?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. A|ex

A|ex Registered Member

the Acronis True image agent is set on automatic and has login details, the service does not start after login. there are NO local accounts on the server and all user management is handled by the ads.

The actual issue isnt the service but its starting of the create image process. I can log into the box using the management console but when i click create image the error message appears. Its like its checking the network adapter which is disconnected oppose to the one which is

4. Acronis Support

Hello A|ex,

Could you please describe how the second network card is disconnected? Could you please try to unplug it phisically and let me know whether the problem persists?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. A|ex

A|ex Registered Member

The second network card is not physically connected to the network, however the other one is. If i was to disconnect the network cable i wouldnt be able to remote into the machine and would cause terrible network disruption. I am able to install the agent but not create an image, i have used acronis true image and the server edition for a couple of years now and never had a problem with imaging.

6. Acronis Support

Hello A|ex,

I am afraid I didn't get the situation with network cards in the computer. Is it correct that the server you wish to create image of has two network cards, one of them being disabled by means of Windows? Could you please clarify whether you have any firewall installed? What operating system is installed on the local computer (with Acronis True Image Management Console) and the remote one? Also please clarify whether you get the error message right after you click the "Create Image" wizard or after you go through it and press the "Proceed" button?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

7. A|ex

A|ex Registered Member

There is not a firewall installed, the issue seems to be its detecting the wrong network card. The second network is not disabled and is just unplugged but this i would of thought should affect the imaging of the server.

The operating system is windows 2003 server sp1 fully updated.

I follow the same procedure as with any other acronis true image software, i click the wizard and straight after that the error message appears.

I am using DOMAIN\user or SERVER\user, the issue isnt connection to the remote agent because that works fine, the problem is creating the actual image of the server after the client has been installed.

I am using the Acronis Management Console to connect to the server, this works fine, there are NO network shares on this one server I am testing it on. I am sure I will have other network shares on other servers but I want to get the program working on one before I roll the agent out on other machines.

Screenshots are not necessary as they would be exactly like the ones in the manual. From my point of view it looks like the software isnt searching for network devices and by default choosing the one which is connected (via the remote management system). I think the fact i have another nic in the machine (all dell servers have 2 nics and some even modems) its seeing one is unplugged and continuing. Disabling the network device maybe a solution however not one i wish to try.

8. A|ex

A|ex Registered Member

I suspect the software would work if i was infront of the machine however the remote backup solution is one we are looking at using.

As mentioned in emails we have trialed and tested several other solutions including veritask and computer associates but each seem to be problematic.

After creating a backup to harddisk i am looking to also duplicate it to tape

9. Acronis Support

Hello A|ex,

Could you please clarify what you mean by "The second network is not disabled and is just unplugged..."? How could you diconnect the network card from the computer and still have it in Windows? Do you mean that just the neetwork cable is unplugged? I am afraid we do need to know whether Acronis True Image works with the second network card unplugged.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.