E000101F4: Failed to read data from disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by seabook, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seabook

seabook Registered Member

Hi,

When using ATI v11 to create an image backup for my xp64 on the C drive, I kept getting error message as below:

E000101F4: Failed to read data from disk
    Failed to read from the sector 260,820,716 of the hard disk 1

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3087/3159384021_018dd52442_o.jpg

I also tried the trial version of ATI 2009, but still got the same problem.

Does that mean my hard drive has error or some other problem? I had another a while back where I have xp32 on the C drive and xp64 on the G drive (two different physical hard drive), and the ATI v11 back up the image just fine. Now, I remove both and do a clean installation of xp64 on the C drive, but ATI v11 can't read that specific sector?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  2. jehosophat

jehosophat Registered Member

Try running a chdsk /r on your hard disk to ensure that there are no problem with the hard disk. It would be good to rule out this possibility first.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello moll47u,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

If check disk utility doesn’t help then contact Acronis support and submit technical request using this link or contact us via Live Chat and ask for the latest SnapAPI drivers for your version of the program.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.