E000101F4: Application module error when launching TI10 Home

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Caffeinated, Nov 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caffeinated

Caffeinated Registered Member

I purchased TI10 Home at Acronis' online store. I uninstalled TI8. After rebooting I reinstalled TI10 Home. One mmore reboot.

Now whenever I launch TI 10 Home I receive the following error in a dialog box:

E000101F4: Application module error

Cannot find the necessary Acronis*True*Image*Home modules. Please reinstall Acronis*True*Image*Home.

I can't create new images or explore my existing images. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and I get the same result.

There are posts where others have reported the same problem, but they were for earlier versions of the application. I still tried the prescribed fixes - but they did not work. At this point I am helpless.

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Which earlier fixes did you try?

Scrub registry of TI entries?

Use updated snapapi ?

Did you install TI in it's default location and is the shortcut pointing to the right location.

Do you have any services stopped such as RPC server that TI relies on?

Colin

3. Caffeinated

So this is the HOME version. Yeah that seems pretty straight-forward. I am sure all of the novice users appreciate the opportunity to manually remove registry items, check if processes are starting and reinstalling srchane software components.

I am not impressed. I am off to CNET and epinions to warn people.

4. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Sorry I tried to help you. My apologies.

Colin

5. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Your initial response was designed to help, and this one shows real maturity.

Unfortunately, some people get really, really annoyed when programs don't behave as they should and reject any offers of support.

6. Caffeinated

My apologies, my frustration is aimed toward the Acronis folks. I very much appreciated the suggestions.

7. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Like I've stated before, if TI does not work right out of the box, you have to be part geek to get it going. I think part of the problem stems from the instructions being translated to english. The result sometimes doesn't quite hit the mark, thus leading to confusion. Put in that mix the additional bugs that come with a new version and the result is something less than desirable.
    A big fault with the present ver 10 is not having the feature to make the Rescue cd installed by default.

8. Caffeinated

It seems like a good installer program would address registry clean-up and ensuring the right drivers are installed and the wrong drivers are removed. These are inconveniences that have existed for years.

the application itself is WONDERFUL. But the installer creates a huge hurdle to begin using it.

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Caffeinated,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that most probably Acronis True Image was not able to install necessary Acronis Drivers correctly. The possible reason is that some other software prevents Acronis True Image 10.0 Home from installing correctly.

Please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it and see if the problem persists.

If the issue persists, please do the following:

- Download SnapAPI.dll

- Replace C:\WINDOWS\system32\snapapi.dll with the downloaded one

- Reproduce the issue and collect the log file.

The log file will be created on the C:\ partition. The name of this file will be snapapi[date-time].log

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.