E000101F4: Acronis Disk Director Suite has not found any hard disk.

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Romq, Dec 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Romq

Romq Registered Member

I have just installed v10 today - licensed.
    I have a Maxtor 6L250S0 (250GB SATA) where I have XP booting off it (NTFS) but whenever I run Acronis Disk Director Suite, I get the following error:

"E000101F4: Acronis Disk Director Suite has not found any hard disk"

And then it exits the application.

The same occurs when I run Recovery Expert or Disk Editor.
    But that isn't the drive I purchased the software for:

The HDD I'm trying to recover is a Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 200GB ATA with a dodgy FAT32 partition and tons of data.
    However, whenever I have it on my PC (as a Master on my secondary IDE; the primary IDE has 2 CD/DVD roms), my PC reboots as soon as Acronis begins analysing drives.
    Admitedly, when I installed Acronis, I did have the dodgy HDD installed and during installation the reboot occured. I then disconnected the dodgy HDD and reattempted installing Acronis (included removing the partial 1st install).
    Once installed, I ran Acronis but the above error occured.

What gives?

Thanks in advance for your help.

EDIT: PC no longer reboots with dodgy HDD installed too. Error still occurs though.
    Only other thing to mention is that the primary drive (250GB SATA) has the drive letter I:
    Btw, I managed to install the OS selector and within the bootup menu application I can see both drives and use the OS selector application.
    Unfortunately, the dodgy HDD remains elusive. I cannot recover its damaged partition.

EDIT II: Searched forum using E000101F4 as key. I see several people had this issue with DDS9. Registered my copy. Checked out for product updates (none that I saw). And no, my 250GB didn't use Dynamic drives. But I digress, it's the IDE 200GB I want fixed.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2005
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Romq,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please install SnapAPI update with disabled logging and see whether the problem persists.

If the problem does persist, please enable logging by running the update once more, reproduce the program failure and collect the c:\snapapi.log file. Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

After that please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. Romq

Romq Registered Member

It persists.

No, thank you. I purchased your software to resolve one problem i.e a 200GB ATA drive with a damaged partition. I didn't buy your application to be part of your new version's build debugging process to make it run on a harddrive not even related to my original problem. I want one problem resolved, I don't need to deal with a second.
    Secondly, a problem with the sale of the software has also resulted in an unsatisfactory reply from your consumer sales dept. Too much hassle for me. I have requested a full refund.

Thank you none the less :)

4. FirstCRM

FirstCRM Registered Member

I have found that there is a conflict with Roxio EZ CD Creator v6.

If you install EZ CD Creator 6, then install Acronis Disk Director 10, EZ CD Creator 6 will throw up an API error, and is unusable.

If you install Acronis Disk Director 10, then install EZ CD Creator 6, Acronis will throw up a "E000101F4: Acronis Disk Director Suite has not found any hard disk" (also applies to True Image Corporate Workstation 8.0).

The SnapAPI will fix the Acronis problem, but then EZ CD Creator 6 will not work.

I have ONLY found this with EZ CD Creator 6. As the Acronis products that I use are ALL more recent, then I would suggest that the Acronis products are using the latest version ASPI API's, and that EZ CD Creator 6 cannot handle the newer API's.

Please note that I have specifically mentioned EZ CD Creator 6, as that is the version that I have. I will be upgrading this product to version 8, which (in theory), should resolve the conflict. As soon as I find out, I will post the findings here.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello FirstCRM,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Sharing your experience is very much appreciated.

If you have any further experience to share, please feel free to post it on this forum.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.