E-Scorcher

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Mike_Healan, Apr 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike_Healan

Mike_Healan Registered Member

Anyone have any experience with this one? It's an anti-virus (so it claims) that pays for itself by launching popups. There's been reports of it doing web-based installs Gator-style.
    I'm looking for any information about it anyone might have. I plan to test it tomorrow.

2. Mike,

At any time and for any reason eScorcher users may unistall the software. eScorcher consits of 2 parts. eScorcher antivirus and supporter5. You need to go to your start menu, select settings and choose control panel. Then click on add/remove programs. You need to select eScorcher and click "remove". Then select supporter5 and click "remove".

I also saw some lines that suggest it is adware/spyware (and your IP address could be an asset that could be sold/transferred).

eScorcher collects ip addresses. eScorcher uses the information it gathers to tailor our content to suit our members' needs and to help our advertisers better understand our members' demographics. We will provide that information in aggregate form to our advertisers. eScorcher's ads contain links to other sites. eScorcher is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites. In the case of a merger or acquisition, personally identifiable information is deemed related to the primary purpose for which the information was collected and therefore may be one of the transferred assets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.