E-privacy bill would blow cover of bosses who spy

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by bigc73542, Jun 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Link to source story: http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/computing/choney/20040601-9999-mz1b31choney.html

2. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

3. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

Always a popular discussion, this. My POV is that when you work for someone you follow their rules, just as you would expect visitors to your home to accept your standards of behaviour. When you're on your own time with your own kit on your own premises and at your own expense, your boss can fly a kite. If you want to make your own rules at work you'd better start your own business, IMHO.

Sphincter unto others as you would have them sphincter unto you.

4. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

I agree, if you are at work, you are on your employer's time. The rest of this secrecy stuff makes me ..sick, is the first thing that comes to mind. Didn't it use to be the politician's were watched and investigated? What are people thinking to let this go ono_O?

5. optigrab

optigrab Registered Member

Agreed, as long as your employer is clear and specific what the rules are - and that they also let you know that they may monitor what you do to check your adherence to the rules. I'm imagine there are many employers that do not do this, and this seems to be the crux of the proposed bill.

It's not completely implausible that an employer might choose to interpret vague policies to suit a specific case - as in illegally discriminating against an employee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.