E-mail protection - Actions

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by DesertRat, May 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DesertRat

DesertRat Registered Member

In NOD32 v4.0.424.0 (and earlier v4 as well)

I can't make myself understand the consequences of what looks like the same option for cleaning setting being offered in two places in the same advanced options branch.

Antivirus and antispyware/Email client protection/setup button/Cleaning/Cleaning level

and

Antivirus and antispyware/Email client protection/Email clients/Actions/radio button selection

Am I looking at a paradox or cross purpose, or can different and specific things take place depending on how each is set? In any event, what I want to happen in the case of un-clean e-mail arriving is the quarantine of the offending item to the infected items folder.

2. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

I just sent myself an email containing the Eicar test virus.
    The first part deleted the Eicar test virus (highest cleaning level).
    The second part moved the email to the 'Infected' folder.

3. DesertRat

DesertRat Registered Member

Oh, I see. If I understand you, the first part "cleaned" the message by removing eicar, but otherwise left the message in the store with the headers and any non-invasive text. The second part went so far as to remove even that "cleaned" message, leaving no trace in the inbox.

Did I restate that right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.