E-mail notification with Yahoo mail

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mathguy07, Apr 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mathguy07

mathguy07 Registered Member

Is it a given that e-mail notification cannot be made to work with Yahoo mail? I read all pertinent posts tonight about e-mail notification, and never got it to work, trying user name and password or not, brackets around the e-mail address or not, outgoing server port 25 or 465, deleting the notification.config file, and even disabling my zone alarm firewall, all to no avail.

Any ideas on how to get this to work? Very frustrating.

2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

3. mathguy07

Good point.

However, I should have mentioned that the failure is simply trying to do a test e-mail... There is a tiny burst of data just as you hit send, then it just times out with an error message.

4. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Hopefully my link (above) will shed more light. Also, check the other links mentioned inside the original link.

5. mathguy07

Well, I read every relevant post here, and tried everything, all to no avail. Either this function doesn't work properly, or just doesn't work with Yahoo mail.

I guess I will submit the question to Acronis support.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mathguy07,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please try using e-mail address on a different hosting (redirect from it to your Yahoo address if necessary). If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create a screenshot of the Acronis True Image window where you enter e-mail settings.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

7. Steve1209

Steve1209 Registered Member

Hi mathguy07,

Acronis support does not understand the E-MAIL problem yet unfortunately! Under TI 10 Build 4942 you can NOT use any of web based E-MAILS (Hotmail, Yahoo or GMAIL come to mind there are others). I finally got my ISP COMCAST.NET to work but needed to add this:
    < MyUserID@Comcast.net>

Support is NOT helpful on this problem!

Steve
    Notice the RED < & >

8. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Webmail runs over HTTP, using proprietary dialogues.
    TI uses SMTP. It assumes that your sending email server is SMTP.

It is a bit like trying to plug your gas cooker into an electric cooker point :)

F.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.