Dynamic Security Agent (DSA)

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Lucy, Oct 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate Registered Member

okay i remember why i don't like it.

:thumbd:

2. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

From the real Devil's Advocate:

You can look, but can not touch

You can touch, but can not smell

You can smell, but can not taste

You can taste, but can not swallow

So why this sudden change: dit DSA taste bad?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2006
  3. Clweb

Clweb Registered Member

I installed it today and find it very good, light in ressources.
    Passed many leaktests. As I am behind a router, the outbound cheking is important.
    The only strange thing that happens is that I cannot ping a IP adress outside the LAN. Surfing is OK.
    Is a bit annoying.

4. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

Just read about this in a current thread on the best realtime malware/antispyware apps and wondered if anyone has tried it lately. Between this and other threads on it, and the website, it seems like a better alternative than Cyberhawk. I was thinking it would be good with AVG ISS as an extra layer of defense, without any conflicts.

5. Firefighter

Firefighter Registered Member

Windows Security Center is detecting DSA as a firewall. Still I'm using it with COMODO Free Firewall, Arovax Shield, AVG Anti-Virus/-Spyware 7.5. Everything OK so far.

Best regards,
    Firefighter!

6. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

Thanks Firefighter. Also, does it have an undo feature like Cyberhawk does in case you make a change you shouldn't have and need to restore it?

7. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

Is Comodo also listed as a firewall on the Windows Security Center since you are running with both?

8. KDNeese

KDNeese Registered Member

DSA's configuration doesn't allow you to "Undo" a change per se, but it does allow you to quarantine files or processes, then later take them out of quarantine if you decide the file is legitimate - so, the function basically serves the same purpose. I have used DSA for quite a while, and have found it many times more stable than Cyberhawk, at least on my own system (running alongside NOD32 & Kerio 4.x firewall). I think it is at least as comprehensive as Cyberhawk - and in my opinion (for what it's worth), even more so. It covers a lot of security areas, some of which even PG & SSM don't cover. I know there are many who wish it had more granular controls, but that is one of the purposes of this program - to provide superb protection without all of the prompts and hassles of "noisy" programs. The program itself does more than what is listed on the DSA website. Like I have said in other posts, it boils down to one's personal preference. For me, I like the fact that it sits in the background and does it's job without bugging me about every little thing, yet uses very little resources (runs a little over 3MB on my system). I would heartily recommend the program to anybody who wants great security without all the typical HIPS hassle.

9. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

So far, I like this util a lot. However, it's a little quirky in how it applies security settings to internet/file requests. If you open a program like iTunes with the Multiplugin installed, it will ask you if you want to allow access to the plugin:

If you select Allow and check "remember this setting", it won't show a popup for the internet requests (program and podcast update.) If you don't check "remember this setting" you will get popups for the internet requests as well. The checkbox should only apply to one type of alert.

I can't get the Privacyware network service to run either. I don't have a firewall installed.

10. Hyperion

Hyperion Registered Member

I like it.16MB RAM here and 0-1% CPU (on Athlon x2 3800+).No problems enountered yet and seems to do its job and a bit more silently than usual HIPS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.