DVR's & TIVO's secretly erasing recordings

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by CloneRanger, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

2. ArtemisX

ArtemisX Registered Member

BSkyB in the UK do something similar though they're rather open about it, and rather less specific. If you record a show then change the subscription and loose access to the channel you recored it from they will delete/remove access to that recorded version. Can't say i like it but in this case i suppose it prevents you from having a short subscription to say the movie channel, recording it all then cancelling it and watching the movies at your leisure only to repeat the process.

What you're referring to is far more worrying but only a small step from what is widely accepted here on Sky back here in blighty

3. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

4. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

My Gulf and Water conspiracy episodes are still on my Verizon Fios DVR, they have been there for weeks.

5. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

@ ArtemisX

Re BSkyB

Maybe you could transfer recordings to another drive and/or convert them to another format to protect them from deletion ?

Also if you signed up for a short time and recorded whatever, then disconnected the feed, that might work as they couldn't access your equipment ;) ?

Sure is, and it won't stop there :thumbd: But after it it all falls apart in the next 1-2 years, we can rebuild it properly ;)

@ cheater87

Good to see you're taking an Active interest in things that Really matter :thumb: I think it's episodes like the FEMA camps etc that are being deleted, under orders from "you know who" :thumbd: So exactly what are They scared of people knowing ? Well we know the answer to that, fortunately ! The secrets out now ;)

6. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

As long as we won't fall apart, before the BIG Brother does...:doubt:

7. nightrace

nightrace Registered Member

8. caspian

caspian Registered Member

I would like to know exactly what was censored in these episodes. If anyone finds some download links let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.