DVDShrink site IS NO MORE!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by hadi, Aug 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hadi

hadi Guest

2. tom772

tom772 Guest

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I have the last two versions of DVD shrink and DVD decryptor. good programs ;)

4. Ailric

Ailric Guest

I read that the guys who worked on DVDShrink now work for Nero.
    This may be the answer. :)

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

The last time I was on the shrink site There was a notice that the said the developement wasn't going any further than ver. 3.2 on the program but patches would be made available. It looks as if that is gone also.

6. Tom772

Tom772 Guest

>DVD Ripper is also a nice little program that can be download from doom9.net and theres also DVDx 2.2 from sourgeforge, so there are a few good programs still left, but its a shame DVD Decrpyter (Lightning UK) got shutdown and now theres going to be nomore development from DVD Shrink.

Tom

7. hadi

hadi Guest

as Ailric stated. it's true that the programmers headed for Nero

Microsoft

8. hadi

hadi Guest

9. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

I guess you could say they shrunk :D :D :D

Anyway, if you are talking decryption you are now in the dominion of AnyDVD! It's not free, but it sure is easy.

also, as a bonus I understand it can back up protected CD's, however I have never tested this feature.

- HandsOff

Late addition:

Just looked at the link to cdfreaks and found out that it's developer is the one that created Nero Recode (Part of Nero's extremely good Ultra edition).

I've been using the combination of Nero Recode + AnyDVD which has given me excellent results.

- HandsOff

Last edited: Aug 21, 2005
  10. dog

dog Guest

This is 'supposed' to be just like AnyDVD, except it's freeware http://www.dvd43.com/ ... I haven't had the need to try it yet, so I can't give it a review ... :ninja:

11. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

Hi Dog-

Yes, I've used it, and it is free, and has some decent decrypting capability. But that's where the difference lies. AnyDVD can decrypt...I have to say it...Any DVD!

This product is in constant developement. In slightly over 2 months there have been 5 versions released. Each upgrade is free for life, the link is emailed to you and it installs over the previous version. I'd say that pretty much takes the guesswork out of if you have the latest decryption or not.

So...your choice. Free, good, and you keep up with it, or pay, great, and sit back and relax!

- HandsOff (always seeking the easy way out!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.