DVDIdlePro will not run.

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by lespaton, Aug 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lespaton

lespaton Registered Member

I find that DVDIdlePRO exe will not run at all with PG protection active.
    Even putting it in the protection list and allowing every privilege there is does not fix it. You have to turn PG protection off to get it to run.

2. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Are you seeing anything in the PG log when you try to start DVDIP with PG enabled?

3. lespaton

The log simply states that DVDIdlePro was BLOCKED from running.
    DVDIdle itself issues a useless message saying "The parameter was not correct", which leads me to conclude it is trying to read from some source that is not responding properly. As stated, I have given DVDIdle every privilege that PG allows.

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

What do you have checked under Program Checksum Protection. If you have checked Block all new and changed files, then what you are seeing is Process Guard doing it's job. Change the setting to enabled, and the next time you run it will ask you. Then allow it, and all should be well.

5. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi lespaton, If peter's idea does not work, make sure that the correct .exe is on the protection list, then highlight the item in the protection list and enable the option to "Allow drivers / services to install. If that fails disable the same option in the Protection - General options, item No3 and see if that works.

HTH Pilli

6. lespaton

Tried all of the suggested solutions and nothing works other than completely disabling PG. To be specific, has anyone actually had DVDIdlePro.exe running under PG enabled ??

7. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi again lespaton, I do not use it.
    We have had no other reports as far as I am aware.
    Have you tried disabling all of the General Tabs?
    It may pay you to ask the program maker what .exe's etc. are run when dvdidlepro is run, their forum is here: http://www.dvdidle.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=ac5c260caed81c548d32511f04017122

Jason may be able to trow some light on the problem but probably not until morning Perth time.

Edit: Another thought occurred, I wonder if it is using some form of .dll injection that Process Guard blocks by default? That is a real shot in the dark :)

8. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

The message :- "The parameter was not correct" occurs when the file was blocked from running due to the execution protection. You must have blocked it (Block Always) from running onetime. Simply go to the checksum tab in Process Guard and remove the DVDIDlePro entries in there. If there are any EXE's which DVDIdlePro also relies on, make sure they are removed from the list.

Then the next time you run DVDIdlePro, make sure you select, Allow Always.

9. lespaton

Yes ! It was in the list as BLOCK ALWAYS. How it got there I have no idea (another user of this comp maybe) but there it was. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.