DVD-writing software support?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by qcbloke, Aug 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qcbloke

qcbloke Registered Member

Hello, folks.

This is my first time here.

Perhaps someone can help: does Acronis 8.0 support NTI's DVD-writing software, and, if not, how about something like the free program, Deep Burner?

Thanks.

...and probably the last time here. Acronis 8.0 was touted as being an easy and convenient way to image a drive. My observation -- both browsing here and attempting to actually utilize the program -- it is anything but. I'm just an average PC user with only so much time and effort to spare to keep my PC safe and secure. Guess I'll just have to rely on my regular CD-RW file-backups and try my damndest to avoid a situation where I have to reinstall.

If it's any consolation, Ghost 9 seems to have a not much better track record.
    I guess this "image and restore" stuff is still pretty much a work in progress.

As the French say, "dommage." Too bad...

Last edited: Aug 4, 2005
  2. Virgil

Virgil Registered Member

I have both pieces of software (True Image and Ghost). Ghost 9.0 has failed me both times that I needed to restore an image. To date, I have only had to restore one machine since converting over to True Image and it worked flawlessly. When you are in a crunch you want a program that works. It is most important to me that the program I am using will be able to restore the operating system and all files successfully. I do not ever again want to have to reinstall each piece of software on my machine manually. Even worse with Microsoft's new signature that is written on the hard disk it is more important that ever to be able to accurately restore images.

I am surprised that you found the creation process confusing. I thought it was fairly intuitive. You simply select the create an image icon and either backup the machine to another hard drive or some other type of recordable disc (CD / CDRW).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.