DVD UDF backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by belgiumrom, Mar 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. belgiumrom

belgiumrom Registered Member

Hello again there...
    Is anybody having a problem backing up data on DVD-R o_O
    My C:\ drive image has like 6.something GB and I split the image in 2GB bits as seen in http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/products/ATISWin/faq.html#20 .
    B4 burning DVD, checked image - says OK.
    Same image burned on DVD says corrupted or not Acronis image (unrecognised)...
    I did try to burn a 4GB file, same issue. :blink:
    Anyone else having the same issues ?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello belgiumrom,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

We regret to inform you that current version of Acronis True Image doesn't support DVD-R. Please use DVD+R, DVD+RW or DVD-RW instead.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Ilya,

I have burnt many TI images to DVD-R as Nero DVD-ROM (ISO) and DVD-ROM (UDF) compilations using the alternative, two-stage, method detailed in the TI User's Guide/On-line FAQ. These images have always restored successfully therefore I'm somewhat confused when you say TI doesn't support DVD-R.

Perhaps you could amplify/clarify the reason for your statement? Many thanks.

Kind regards
    Tom

4. Acronis Support

Hello Menorcaman,

We have tested Acronis True Image with different DVD formats and occasionally it failed with DVD-R format. That is why we currently cannot guarantee that Acronis True Image will work with DVD-R. You are lucky you managed to work with it but this may be not the case with other system.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. Menorcaman

Hello Ilya,

Understood. Many thanks for the explanation.

I notice the Acronis On-line FAQ has been amended to reflect the fact that the split image size should be set to 2000 MBytes rather than 2GB (good news). Perhaps the FAQ could be changed further to also include a statement on DVD-R?

Regards
    Tom

6. Acronis Support

Hello Tom,

We haven't claimed the DVD-R support at our site or User's Guide or anywhere else. The only formats mentioned are DVD+R, DVD+RW and DVD-RW.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

7. Menorcaman

Hello Ilya,

Sorry for banging on about this but that's not strictly true. I provide an extract from the True Image 8.0 User's Guide Chapter 11.2 Page 64:

Notwithstanding the above, belgiumrom's post is only one of many along similar lines which may not have been necessary had a simple statement about TI's possible incompatabilty with DVD-R been included in either of the FAQs.[/font]

[font=Tahoma,Tahoma][/font]
    [font=Tahoma,Tahoma]Kind regard[/font]
    [font=Tahoma,Tahoma]Tom
    [/font]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.