DVD+RW Questions

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by theBureau, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theBureau

theBureau Registered Member

First off I just want to rant about how dissatisfied I am with ATI10. This product is crap. I have done several restores and been totally frustrated trying to figure things out for myself with this product. The support staff has so little knowledge about their own program that they should all be fired at once.
    I have at least ten ticketed responses from Acronis support and not one even comes close to answering any of the questions I have. They just keep asking more questions like can I do this or send them that or rub their neck while they sleep at their desk instead of checking out their programs and seeing how they work.
    The main question I had was how come I can't delete, open or move the files I restored. YOU WOULD THINK THAT AFTER ALL THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE PURCHASED THIS PRODUCT THAT MANY WOULD HAVE THIS SAME QUESTION. NOT THE CASE. THEY COULDN'T JUST TELL ME I NEEDED TO UNCHECK THE FRIGGEN BOX THAT SECURES THE FILES GJ ACRONIS
    Sorry about that but this has to be the worst program I have ever purchased. Karen's Replicator + some basic Windows knowledge can do any of the stuff Acronis does without messing things up. And it's free.
    So here is my second question that Acronis support could not answer(What a joke!): Can I reuse the DVD+RW I did my image on or are they garbage now. I can't seem to reformat or delete the crap on there. This I would think would be something that would come up while you are doing you image. Something like "You will not be able to reuse this DVD if you don't check/uncheck this box"
    w/e if I can't. I think I try to pawn this POS program off on someone on craigslist.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2007
  2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Regarding the DVD+RW ... yes, I have found the same thing the few times I used them to hold acronis backup images. For whatever reason Nero cannot erase them and they were no good for anything. It has been a while, since I just don't bother with re-writeables and Acronis anymore, but I think it happens even if I first create the Image on to a hard drive (in dvd sized chunks) and then burn them to the dvd. Then if I try to erase them, using quick or full erase, the erase procedure doesn't seem "normal" to me. And afterwards the discs are totally unusable by Nero.

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

The forum is here to seek help, discuss issues, but not for inappropriate remarks about other posters.

Pete

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

A couple of posts were removed. Personal attacks are not allowed in any form.

Please use the "report bad post" feature of the forums to report off topic posts.

Edited to add: these are support forums and as such, civility is expected in all postings.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2007
  5. theBureau

I'm sorry about my comments about the other poster who's post was removed. The point of my ranting at the beginning of this thread was in hopes of an Acronis staff member (since they moderate this forum also) seeing this and thinking to themselves that hey maybe we should have our support staff try to use this extremely difficult program that claims to be easy so they could give accurate support. But as I have found in my emails and phone conversations as well as here now: Nobody from Acronis really knows what is going on as they did not reply to this post either. That is the reason these forums are here right? Support doesn't work unless it is peer to peer. Unless it is a generated response, which is all I have seen on these forums from them, they couldn't tell you the first thing about their product. I have the emails to prove it as I am sure 1000's of others do.

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

There are plenty of knowledgeable users of Acronis products right here in these forums.

Most of them will go the extra mile to help those with problems.

Any software can be frustrating at times. It's best to take your time and work through the issues with experienced help.

You can get that help here.

7. theBureau

That's what I was saying. Maybe you can answer this then:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=183236

8. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I can't really answer that, but from what I've seen imaging would be better for you then cloning. My only other suggestion for you is if you can't get what you need with this product move on. There are many threads in Software and Services about other products.

But first I would suggest maybe starting over and posting here what your system is, exactly what you did, and need to do. Then the folks here may well be able to help you.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.