dvd editing

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Bethrezen, Jun 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bethrezen

Bethrezen Registered Member

hi all

im wondering if anyone knows of a tool that will let me snip bits off my dvd backups

see i have a few dvd that i have copyed to my hd for the purpose of backup but there are a few undesirable bits that have sliped past the junk removel process because they where a part of other files

like the main movie file for instance and id like to snip these bits off so that my backups are smaller and i dont have to use as much compression therefore improving the quality of the backup

but the problem iv been having is that the tool also needs to auto correct the other files assocated with the file thats being edited so as to preserve the dvd structure so that i dont get any odd errors when i try to play it back

i also want to avoid haveing to convert the files back and forth as this will degrade quality so the tool idealley would need to do all this in the native dvd format

im also looking for somthing thats not to complicated to use

anyone know of a tool that might meet my needs ?

2. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

Doom9.org will give you multiple choices to go about this.

DVDshrink is what i use, its free.

3. dog

dog Guest

I agree DVD Shrink is a nice little proggy for simple re-authoring ... and making backups

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

and the DVD shrink forum is very informative.

5. Ailric

Ailric Guest

DVD Shrink is your baby.
    Open files.
    Re-author.
    Double-click on the file (ie. Main Movie) so it shows up under "DVD Structure".
    Right-click on the file (ie. Title 1) and select "Start/End Frames.
    Edit away!

6. Bethrezen

Bethrezen Registered Member

hi

having had a chance to play round with dvd shrink im sorry to say that its is no use what so ever for what im trying to do

see what i want is to make a 1 to 1 back up of the disk minious trailers copyright messages and other unwanted contents like region restrictions and user prohibited operations

now most of this is taken care of by anydvd but im still unable to remove unwanted trailers and copyright messages and the like and im wondering if anyone knows how to go about this

7. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

It is very difficult to do what you want so few programs offer this. I believe if i remember correctly Pinnacle instant copy does this.

But if DVDShrink doesnt do it your going to be hard pressed to find one that will.

8. tom772

tom772 Guest

try Flashmpeg from www.computeractive.co.uk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.