DVD Creator/Burner without bloat of nero?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Coolio10, Nov 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

OK, i tried nero because i remember in version 6 or 7 it wasn't bloated and had many features. But i tried the latest version and its just too bloated with extra services and not registering formats properly. I also hate the new interface, its confusing.

What comes close to nero's dvd making abilities?

I plan on making a DVD with a video, song, and powerpoint presentation. I am sure i will probably need a converter for the powerpoint but if you know of a burner that supports powerpoint it would be helpful.

Or if you know of a better way of combining these things please mention.

2. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

Why don't you install Nero only with the features that you want?

3. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

4. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

Still don't like its interface and services.

5. nightfox

nightfox Registered Member

If you`re looking for a good burning software i can recommend "CD BurnerXP" from http://cdburnerxp.se/

I did try out the new Nero 9 and i must say i was positively suprised with it, didn`t like the version 8 which felt very slow but this new one is definitely alot better:thumb:

6. virtumonde

virtumonde Registered Member

Hmm.I experienced the oposite.And there ware some butterflies or something like that when you run the program.Not to mention that you need net framework 3.5 for all the features.

Coolio10 you can try vso convert x .They have a 30day trial.I don't use it but i read some good reviews about the program.

7. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

Me too, it is exactly like Nero 8 but with improved "media"(aka completely unreleated to the actual burning) features.

Yeah, bad move. But why rewrite everything in a .NET language? That wouldn't aid in performance nor in system requirements. I can't believe they couldn't find some C++ programmers.

8. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

9. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

10. nightfox

nightfox Registered Member

First of all, it`s not like you have to install all the features in the Nero package, when you install the app for the first time you have the possibilty to strip down the features to whatever you want. Personally, i wouldn`t dream about installing the hole package, that`s like 2Gb or something:D
    In my case, i picked "BurningROM" and a couple of other features i needed for burning basically.

And as for the butterflies you mentioned, that`s just a little eye candy to look at, i kinda like it myself:cool:

11. HAN

HAN Registered Member

12. Arup

Arup Guest

ImgBurn and InfraBurner, two best lightweight apps, the later being fully x64 for x64 OS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.