Duplicate update servers in XML Config causing errors

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Arceon, Mar 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arceon

Arceon Registered Member

We recently moved our ESET RA server to a new box, updated the XML, and updated the clients.

However an alarming number of clients (about 50 our of 75) simply will not update. After banging my head against a brick wall for 3 days i've determined the issue.

When you update the "update server" in the XML file, it doesn't actually remove the old one o_O The Config editor shows no trace of it, but if you actually open the XML up with an editor, it sill lists the first update server (now none existant) as the primary update server.

So after correcting the issue, i rolled out the shiny new XML file. No joy.

Now all the clients have the same new update server twice (duplicated) and won't connect to either :cautious: the only foreseeable solution is to manually go to all 75 clients, remove the duplicate server, then manually update it.

Has ANYONE else encountered this before? Surely someones noticed something about the XML nout updating correctly? Also can anyone give me a better solution?? :rolleyes:

2. Arceon

Arceon Registered Member

Oh and just an update as there was a new defs file released after i manually updated 20 or so, the clients are now no longer automatically updating at all, yet if i go to the machine and click "Check for updates" it works perfectly o_O

Help?

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Are the clients using v3 or v4?

4. Arceon

Arceon Registered Member

V4, the troubles coincided with the rollout aswell as the box relocation :rolleyes:

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

By Now all the clients have the same new update server twice (duplicated) and won't connect to either. you mean that there are 2 update tasks with the same update server? An update task can use only one primary and one secondary update server.

6. Arceon

Arceon Registered Member

Hmm im not sure, heres a screenshot of the client program settings under "Update servers" and heres the actual xml snip:

Code:
    </NODE>
    </PROFILES>
    <SETTINGS>
    <SERVERS>
    <NODE NAME="Server_0" VALUE="\\bs-vs-sec\ESET" TYPE="STRING" />
    <NODE NAME="Server_1" VALUE="\\bs-vs-sec\ESET" TYPE="STRING" />
    </SERVERS>

http://ocs.myzen.co.uk/Eset.jpg

7. Arceon

Arceon Registered Member

Ninja bump :ninja:

Still no fix...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.