Duplicate line removal editor?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by AvianFlux, Apr 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvianFlux

AvianFlux Registered Member

Is there a free .txt file utility/editor/script/whatever that will automatically remove all duplicate line entries from large .txt documents?

Something created dupes of every URL in my extensive IE Favorites folder. I fixed it by deleting the Favorites folder contents and importing a previously stored bookmarks file. I lost a few recent URL entries as a consequence, however.

2. MYS

MYS Guest

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

sorry if i have misunderstood what you are looking for, but if it's something that will delete duplicates in your bookmarks you can use AM-DeadLink it will work for afew browsers including Mozilla, Firefox and IE.

i did take a screenshot, but the manage attachments isn't working for me at the moment. i will try again in a minute :)

4. AvianFlux

AvianFlux Registered Member

I think that's exactly what I am looking for. I already had it in my program files - buried among a hundred other apps, etc. - but had forgotten all about it.

Does it also find and remove dupes from ordinary .txt files? It looks like it does.

Thanks for the link and reminder. :)

5. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

hi, AvianFlux :) i'm not too sure if it will work with any text file :doubt: i haven't got time to play with it and see right now, i have to be at college in 20 mins. if it doesn't let us know and i'll have alook at some of the freeware sites i use :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.