Duplicate computers

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by raulc08, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raulc08

raulc08 Registered Member

I just recently found out there are duplicate computers in our Remote Admin console. We currently have 2 servers for Eset administration (dont know why), and one thing i notice all the machines are suppose to be tied to Secure server, though a handful are going to the Gate server. Is there anyway to set all clients connect to the Secure server. I added an attachment of a pc duplicated. Now i have deleted this pc from the Gate server yesterday but it obviously has reconnected to the console. Any solution on eliminating the duplicates ?

Attached Files:

2. TyeF

TyeF Former Eset Moderator

Hello,

In order to move clients from one server to another, please review the following ESET knowledgebase article:

Can I easily move ESET Remote Administrator (ERA) clients from one server to another?
    http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN884

Also, if a client has two network interface cards, it may appear twice in the ESET Remote Administrator Console. The following knowledgebase article provides a resolution:
    http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN707

Regards,
    TyeF

3. raulc08

i understand why there would be duplicates on the network if there was two NICs, but the screen cap i posted has two of the same IPs(bare with me i cannot show the full IP). However only servers in my network have 2 or more NICs, unless a laptops wireless and Ethernet count for 2 NICs. Then that may be the case for a handful of computers.

4. Nick0

Nick0 Registered Member

This is most likley due to the fact that client has connected via the other RA server (29 minutes ago according to your screenshot)

To resolve this, you can just literally select that client and press Delete, that will remove the entry.

However to stop this happening in future, you can tell your RA console to track clients via Mac address, and whenever it sees a dupe then to remove the old one.

This can be done within RA console, Tools > Server Options > Advanced.

Then set up as shown:
    http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/7845/capturete.jpg

5. raulc08

Sorry nick the link you shown does not work. But i understand the solution you offered and ill go with it this week to see if this solves my problem. Thanks for the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.