Duplicate archives

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by newbino, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newbino

newbino Registered Member

Hi, my FDISR setup is:
    Primary and Secondary Snapshot
    +
    Archives of both in my second internal HD
    +
    Archives of both in an external HD

Now my question: to update the archives, I always use the COPY/UPDATE function for both drives. Would it be possible to, say, Update an archive in my internal HD and then use the Windows Copy function to duplicate the file on a new external HD? What would be the pros and cons?
    Thanks as usual for your help.

2. Coff

Coff Registered Member

You could do that but I think it would be slower than using the copy/update function in FirstDefense. Also, if you use windows to copy the archive it would use up more space on your external disk as I don't think the copied archive would be compressed.

(As you are archiving to both your second internal drive and also an external drive you might find it quicker to set up the archive location to point to one of the drives and then use the export function for the second drive. This means you won't have to change the archive location once set. You can use TweakUI or PlacesBarTweaker to set up the location for the exports so that it's relatively quick to browse to the location.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.