dumb new user question

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by hjbyram, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hjbyram

hjbyram Registered Member

I am new to LnS & followed the setup instructions in the sticky. I have found the answer on this forum to all the dinging. But, my question is this. I am also using the Nod32 anti-virus product. With LnS, under Application Filtering, the NOD32 Kernel Service is authorized. However, in the NOD32 Logs, I am seeing ERROR CONNECTING TO SERVER for Update service. But, the Kernel Service apparently is ok. Are there any NOD32 & LnS users that can tell me if I need to set something else up in LnS for the NOD32 Update?

Many Thanks

2. cthorpe

cthorpe Registered Member

I'm getting tons of errors connecting to server in NOD as well, and I'm not running LnS. I think they (ESET) are having trouble with the servers.

C

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I have LnS (paid) + Router DLink DI-604 and NOD32 in trial without problems.
    I followed the sticky post to install LnS and didn't do anything else.
    I installed NOD32 out-of-the-box and I only marked the harddisks to be scanned. I still have to configure NOD32, but I hesitate to buy it, because it's a scanner.
    I also have these errors in the NOD32-log, but sometimes the definitions are updated.

4. Dina

Dina Registered Member

I just updated about 6MB in nod32. Not 20 mins ago. Using LNS here as well and one update error log in nod32. Seems to be fine, problem doesnt seem to be connected with LNS.

5. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

although my log does show a few errors, it could just be that the server wasnt available at the time. nod32 will still update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.