Dual update Profile not working. Need Help!

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by TMTech, Sep 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TMTech

TMTech Registered Member

I created an secondary update (Internet Updating) profile as directed in the link below and it does not work offsite. I followed the link below step by step and checked it twice. I have everything se the way they have it listed. Problem is when I take my laptop home to test it the upate just fails and says it cant find the server. Why is it not failing over to the other profile when it cant find our update server mirroro_O Can anyone help me with this or tell me what I might be missingo_O THANKS!

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN279&cat=UPD&actp=LIST

TM

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The secondary profile will be used when an update task is run and update from the primary server fails. Did you right-click an update task and selected "Run now" to test update using the secondary profile?

3. TMTech

TMTech Registered Member

No I do not think I did this. Are you talking about just doing a manual update from offsiteo_O Is there a way I can test it from inside our network? Can you list the steps to do what your are talking about. I thought this was only kicked off by a task? I did not think it would work with a manual update from the client.

4. TMTech

TMTech Registered Member

Hey Marcos,

How do I right mouse click on an "Update Task" and click "run now". I can't seem to find that option. Is that on the client side or throught the Remore Administrator Counsole? Thanks for the help with this!

TM

5. TMTech

TMTech Registered Member

Marcos,

I found where to "run now" on that task from the client. I will try it tonight from home and see if it works. I checked all the setting again and reset it up from scratch. I will let you know if that worked for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.