Dual update profile configuration not working in

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by JoeyJoeJoe, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeyJoeJoe

JoeyJoeJoe Registered Member

How do I create a dual update profile configuration with ESET Remote Administrator?

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?pag...lse&newguid=050019771cdf4390127b07db5d7007fc0

From the Value drop-down menu, select and then type Internet Updating (the profile created in step 4 of the previous section). Click OK.

I'm unable to select the 'Internet Updating' profile I created in step 9.

What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks,
    JJJ

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

In step 9, you're instructed to click within the Value box and type in the name of the profile.

3. briwlls

briwlls Registered Member

I have configured dual update profiles, when I try to force an update while the laptop is NOT connected to the network, but is connected to the internet I get "Server Not Found."

I look at the advanced setup tree I can see "Internet Updating" from the drop down menu along with the respective username and ******* password. So why is the client not resolving to this alternative update credential?

4. Marcos

Make sure that you right-click the appropriate update task and select "Run now".

5. briwlls

Really,the end-user has to know how to change the task to "Internet Update" it can't be automatic i.e. the mirror update is not available automatically fail over to internet updating?

6. elmolincoln

elmolincoln Registered Member

7. briwlls

Found my issue, I was testing by forcing an update now, the article is a scheduled task every 60 minutes so a forced update does not enact the scheduled task.

All is well.

Thank you,
    Brian

8. JoeyJoeJoe

JoeyJoeJoe Registered Member

Do I have to set the task ID to 64 in order for the task to run as expected? I want it to failover to ESET's update servers if it cannot connect to the local update server and right now the ID for that task is a hex number, not 64, because I created it manually and deleted task id 64

9. Marcos

No, what matters is how a particular update task is configured.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.