DSO(Dynamic Share Object)/DSO Exploit

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by doido, Jan 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doido

doido Registered Member

Hi,

Are you familiar with DSO and/or DSO Exploit?
    My antispyware program(S&D) informs that my PC got it but it is unable to remove it.
    A further look on DSO in Google showed that DSO is really a pest and several sites offer on-line removal action(at a cost,for sure).
    Since I do not want any fella getting into my machine o_O (I don't care about paying,I care about my privacy and safety)what would be the way to get rid of the spyware?
    Now the question is:I have Spywareblaster installed and I could not find a mention to DSO on its database.Is that DSO so terrible?May I leave it there?
    So far,the only weird thing I experienced was some slowness on surfing...
    Will appreciate any discussion on this matter.
    Thanks.

2. steverope

steverope Registered Member

From what I've heard it's a false positive, and can be ignored, as microsoft fixed the problem with sp1 or some other update, some say it's a way to test proprietary software for clones....ie. if a new spy program finds it, then they've ripped off a existing engine......but there are better qualified people here to tell you. Good luck.

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey doido....Welcome to Wilders [​IMG]

As Steverope noted....the DSO Exploit found by SpyBot during a scan is an old False positive....and when "the next version of Spybot - S&D comes out, it will fix this problem."

Announcement @ Spybot's Official Forum---> Spybot 1.3 Issues Explained

said by Galadriel....Spybot Support Manager Expert:
    "Solution for now: Just ignore it. It isn't a problem if your windows is patched. When the next version of Spybot - S&D comes out, it will fix this problem."

I would also like to note that this Spybot DSO exploit False positive should not cause any "slowness on surfing".

4. doido

doido Registered Member

Re: DSO(Dynamic Share Object)/DSO Exploit/THANKS.

dear Bubba and Steverope,

Thanks for the advice/comments.
    Actually,I've been reading some things about S&D,notably what Galadriel has said,at Spybot's official forum.
    Nevertheless,it's pretty good to hear your reassuring comments alive(in a certain way).
    So,the best thing to do is to stay calm and wait for the release of the 1.4 version,right?
    Thanks again.Take care,you both.

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Re: DSO(Dynamic Share Object)/DSO Exploit/THANKS.

IMHO....exactly...."Just ignore it. It isn't a problem if your windows is patched. When the next version of Spybot - S&D comes out, it will fix this problem"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.