DSL updating not automaticallyh dialing

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by enduser999, Jul 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enduser999

enduser999 Registered Member

Just installed trial NOD32 on client's machine and even though DSL is set to automatically connect I get an error when NOD32 tries to do an update. Is there any way of having NOD's trial version automatically dial the default dialup connection?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

If DSL is set to auto connect , then the PC should be connected to the internet . So what problems do you have then .

As far as I know , NO .

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You say DSL , you say dial-up . Have you tried this :

Attached Files:

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Enabling the "Automatic update after dial-up connection" should do the trick, though it won't dial up a connection automatically.

5. enduser999

This customer has DSL which uses PPoE so to connect to the Internet one has to use WinXP built in PPoE to connect on demand. However NOD32 would not initiate the dialout to the Internet even though in Connections in IE's control it was configured properly. It would just kept trying each server in its list and when no connection was established it threw up and error message. Also noticed that the NOD32 splash screen seen to be displayed for 30+ seconds.

I got them a router for the DSL connection and it seems to have solved both problems.

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

NOD32 never initiate a connection, at least for security reasons. It's fully a matter of the OS how it handles requests for connection and whether it dials up one automatically.

7. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Best way to do it. Have the router do the PPPoE...with a "keep alive/maintain connection" option checked. Plus you have hardware firewall protection...I always use a router for all my clients, I'll never support a PC directly plugged into a broadband modem on a public IP address.

8. enduser999

It is strange though that IE had no problems connecting to the Interent via DSL as its request to get to the websites caused XP to initiate the dialing. I assume others have used NOD32 on a XP home machine, that is NOT behind any router,and it was able to get the o/s to dial the PPoE connection . Wonder what I was forgetting to do before getting the router in this case?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.