DSL Router Problem!

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Legendkiller, Aug 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

Hi,
    I recently shifted to DSL connection which uses a router to connect to the net.
    The problem is with ZA-Pro and comodo as well.
    What happens is that when my dsl modem gets connected,the ZA wizard ask me whether to add it as a trusted zone or internet zone.
    I add it to the trusted zone.
    But what happens next is that ISP provider uses 3-4 Ip address and even after manually adding their config in ZA's trusted zones,my internet doesn't get connected it shows no or limited lan connection.
    plz help!

2. furballi

furballi Registered Member

Any issue without the FW? Most DSL connections use a dynamic address, so you will need to set a range of IP or manually add the new address after each modem shutdown.

I leave my modem ON 24/7 so there is little chance of a address change.

3. Legendkiller

no problems w/o the firewall.
    i have had these problems before also and i therefore add the ip address manually.
    But since my my router choses between 4-5 ip-add for every connection it sometimes results in lan-icon in taskbar showing "limited or no connection"

4. furballi

furballi Registered Member

Can you set the FW to accept a range of IP?

5. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    If it's a router..your PC should obtain a private class C address, such as 192.168.1.100. You can add the 192.168.1.xxx range as a trusted zone..so you can network PCs if you wish. The WAN IP of the router...the public IP..that can change every hour of the day if it wants to..the firewall should not care about it. The WAN IP is nothing to do with your trusted zone.

6. Legendkiller

fine,it helped! thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.