DrWeb's Spider Mail

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by steve, Oct 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steve

steve Security Expert

Is anyone who's using DrWeb also using Spider Mail. I'm having a problem with duplicate messages being created in Outlook 2002. I've tried Spider Mail 1.10 and 1.11 and they both create duplicate messages.

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Hi steve,

Although we're still talking Beta here, this issue should have been fixed in the latest release. Can't reproduce the flaw while using The Bat! Last version states:

"[16.09.2002]
    SpIDer Mail beta-version (1.00.011) released. The following improvements and alterations have been made:

problems occurred in case of a connection rupture fixed
    error when intercepting a connection with servers which domain names have same IP-address (e.g. mail.ru/pop.mail.ru) corrected
    maximum possible value for MaximumLoadEngines (and PreloadEngines) limited to 62
    problems related with the repeated data transmission of the messages already received on slow lines fixed
    default value for ServerRefreshTime set to 20 seconds

The following parameters have been added to INI-file:
    AllowDisable: allow "Disable/Enable" for the messages check (by default: Yes)
    AllowExit: allow "Exit" the program (be default: Yes)"

You might drop support an email.

regards.

paul

3. steve

steve Security Expert

Done, thanks. I did try the latest 1.00.011 and it did the same thing. Funny thing is, when I first started using Spider Mail, it didn't create the duplicate messages. Now all of a sudden, without any changes, it started. I've downloaded a trial version of another email client and it's working flawlessly with Spider Mail so I may stick with it, it seems very nice so far.

4. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Steve,

Keep us posted - regardless the fact it's a Beta we're talking about.

Thanks in advance,

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.