DRWEB32 Urgent Help

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Ugh, Sep 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ugh

Ugh Guest

Ugh, so I read the things about Dr.Web, and decided to give it a try. Little did I know, it would screw up my entire computer. So I installed Dr. Web, rebooted, and get svchost.exe Application Error, "The instruction at "0x00000000" referenced memory at "0x0000000000". The memory could not be "read". Every single time I start-up on the login screen. (I have XP btw) I booted in safe-mode, and uninstalled Dr. Web. Rebooted, and omfg, the problem is still there!?!?!?!? What on earth am I to do? I have rebooted repeatedly, but still no luck. (btw I have NOD32 installed as well, but I disabled it's real-time scanning, could this cause some massive conflict). What can I do? And how on earth could this happen? (since that service 'has the error, and won't load' it holds up the other services, and somehow this time, it randomly lets me use the network service to use the internet) (which btw, internet explorer crashed, so I'm using Firebird to post here). Someone please help. (I don't think system restore is an option, since it didn't work the last couple times I tried, giving me a you didn't shut-down properly message all the time, and formatting I definitely don't want to do).

Windows XP
    512mb RAM
    Dr. Web 4.3a (latest)
    Outlook Firewall 2.0

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Hi Ugh

Some people have had no problems with using Dr Web as a second scanner.

However, I have found that on my systems, Dr Web was very sensitive to any other installed AV software. So after trial and error I decided only to use this AV program BY ITSELF on one of my computers.

I do not know the significance of the error messages you are receiving but Dr Web may be conflicting with NOD or some other software on your computer and therefore you need to remove ALL remnants of Dr Web.

Check out these 2 threads where another member here had a conflict with NOD and the problem may also be connected with not removing all remnants of Dr Web, particularly spidermail.

The problem seemed to be with the spidermail hook which was very difficult to remove( the uninstall of the program does not remove this hook) and LSPfix seemed to solve the problem.

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=10489

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=9662;start=0

I would try the LSP fix first;- (http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm), then double-check you have removed ALL of Dr Web with a Registry Cleaner- try the free RegSeeker;-http://www.webattack.com/get/regseeker.shtml

Someone else may come along and tell you the significance of the error messages but for now see if you can remove Dr Web COMPLETELY. Good luck and keep us posted with the outcome.

3. VikingStorm

VikingStorm Registered Member

Praise the lord! I'll sacrifice 12 full-grown calves and 3 P4EEs in your honor. The LPS fix works, much thanks. That was a sure waste of 5 hours. (me being silly, was loading in diagnostic mode, little did I know that switching back to normal mode wouldn't return my old services settings. My internet didn't work, so I kept messing with the services for another hour or two thinking that was the problem to no avail, then I used LPSfix again to remove IMON, and bam, internet works, what a waste of time :D)

The hook seems to have a conflict with the network connections service, since it wouldn't let it load. (hence the memory error) I keep telling myself I will stop trying more antiviruses, but man do I sure have no self control. (has tried 8 antiviruses, 3 caused major problems, this one, F-Secure, and old KAV)

4. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Good to hear you are up and running and welcolm to wilders.

5. Barney

Barney Registered Member

The only way I got both of these programs to agree with each other is to Install DRWEB first, disable Spiderguard completely then install Nod32. Once you have each of these antivirus's on your system, you will have to have Nod as your "Resident Scanner" and Drweb as you "On demand scanner". Any other way you will get lock up after lock up.

Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.